The global lithography systems market was worth more than US$ 8 Billion in 2017. The market is further projected to cross US$ 9 Billion by 2023, at a CAGR of more than 1% during 2018-2023. Lithography is a printing process which is based on the immiscibility of grease and water. The inception of this process can be traced back to the late 1700s, when it was invented by Alois Senefelder. Earlier, it was only used by artists so as to produce prints but with time it got developed into a broad range of technologies including semiconductor lithography. Lithography systems are currently used for microfabricating either a major fraction of a planar surface or various parts of a thin film. These systems are beneficial for printing on a wide range of surfaces with optimal image quality at a comparatively lower cost. This has led to the increasing use of lithography systems for the purpose of printing artwork or text on an appropriate material and creating semiconductor patterns or crystals which are further utilised in the form of integrated circuits.
Global Lithography Systems Market Drivers/Constraints:
- Over the past few years, there have been numerous technological advancements made in the field of lithography systems. This has enabled these systems to be used for different wavelengths ranging from blue wavelengths to high resolution wavelengths of 193 nanometres.
- Currently, lithography systems are gaining popularity in the semiconductor industry, particularly for establishing the dimensions, location and shapes of several components of the integrated circuit (IC). These circuits are being increasingly used in communication devices, consumer electronics and sensors which in turn, has resulted in an augmenting demand for lithography systems across the globe.
- Manufacturers have been making huge investments in the research and development activities so as to develop a wide variety of ultra-high-precision semiconductor photolithography tools with a low cost per function. This has, therefore, positively influenced the growth of the market.
- However, there are technical challenges being faced by producers regarding the development of EUV lithography systems used for making modern micro-circuits. It acts as a hindrance which is impeding the growth of the global lithography systems market.
Breakup by Technology:
The lithography system has been segmented on the basis of technology which include ArF immersion, KrF, i-line, ArF dry and EUV. Currently, ArF immersion exhibits a clear dominance with the largest market share as it improves critical dimension uniformity.
Breakup by Application:
On the basis of application, the market has been segregated into foundry, memory and integrated device. Amongst these, foundry represents the most popular application for which lithography systems are being used.
Region-wise, Asia-Pacific remains the leading market, accounting for the majority of the global share. This can be accredited to the presence of a large number of semiconductor IC manufacturers in the region. Asia-Pacific is followed by North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
The global lithography systems market is concentrated in nature with the presence of few manufacturers who compete in terms of prices and quality. Some of the top players operating in the market are:
- ASML Holding
- Nuflare Technology, Inc.
- Ev Group
This report provides a deep insight into the global lithography systems market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the lithography systems market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global lithography systems market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global lithography systems market?
- Which are the popular technologies in the global lithography systems market?
- What are the major application segments in the global lithography systems market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global lithography systems market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global lithography systems market?
- What is the structure of the global lithography systems market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global lithography systems market?
- How are lithography systems manufactured?