The global magnesium oxide board market size reached US$ 1.72 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.43 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% during 2023-2028. The augmenting demand for lightweight construction materials, considerable rise in construction and infrastructure development activities, and stringent government regulations regarding building materials and fire safety standards represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Magnesium Oxide Board (MgO board) refers to a building material that is made by combining magnesium oxide (MgO) with several reinforcing materials, such as fiberglass or wood fibers. MgO board is manufactured by the exothermic reaction of magnesium oxide and water, generating magnesium hydroxide that acts as a binding matrix for reinforcing materials, which resulting in a strong and resilient end-product. Compared to traditional construction materials, MgO board is a safer alternative due to its exceptional fire resistance, non-combustible nature, ability to withstand high temperatures without releasing toxic gases, and excellent mold and mildew resistance. As a result, it is extensively used in residential and commercial construction projects, such as interior and exterior wall cladding, ceiling systems, flooring, and tiling substrate, particularly in moisture-prone areas. Some of the advantages provided by MgO board include low volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, absence of harmful substances like asbestos, high durability and low maintenance requirements, and ease of installation, and reduced construction time and costs.
Magnesium Oxide Board Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the augmenting demand for lightweight construction materials to save costs and structural load. This can be attributed to considerable rise in construction and infrastructure development activities, particularly in emerging economies. In line with this, the growing consumer awareness and preference for sustainable, energy efficient and eco-friendly building materials is also providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, stringent government regulations regarding building materials and fire safety standards to facilitate occupant safety and minimized risks of fire hazards is propelling the market growth. In addition to this, continual technological advancements and product innovations in magnesium oxide board manufacturing processes, such as improved formulations and surface treatments, are creating lucrative opportunities in the market. The market is further fueled by the growing popularity of aesthetic and trendy interior décor among the masses. Apart from this, the rapid utilization of magnesium oxide boards as insulation and cladding materials in non-residential applications due to its good thermal insulation properties is also creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, inflating disposable income levels, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global magnesium oxide board market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type and application.
Product Type Insights:
- Thin (<8 mm)
- Medium (8-15 mm)
- Thick (>15mm)
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the magnesium oxide board market based on the product type. This includes thin (<8 mm), medium (8-15 mm) and thick (>15mm). According to the report, thin (<8 mm) represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the magnesium oxide board market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes residential, commercial, and industrial. According to the report, residential accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for magnesium oxide board. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific magnesium oxide board market included considerable rise in construction activities, inflating disposable income levels, rapid urbanization, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global magnesium oxide board market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Ambient Bamboo Products Inc., Foreverboard California Inc., Gemtree Building Products (Hongkong) Limited, Kunshan Rockmax Building Material Co. ltd, Magnum Board Products LLC, MgO Boards Factory, North American MgO LLC, RPV Industries, SINH Building Solutions B.V., Suparna Building Materials, Supertec Ceilings & Board (Pty) Ltd, Ukrmagnesit, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
|Product Types Covered
||Thin (<8 mm), Medium (8-15 mm), Thick (>15mm)
||Residential, Commercial, Industrial
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ambient Bamboo Products Inc., Foreverboard California Inc., Gemtree Building Products (Hongkong) Limited, Kunshan Rockmax Building Material Co. ltd, Magnum Board Products LLC, MgO Boards Factory, North American MgO LLC, RPV Industries, SINH Building Solutions B.V., Suparna Building Materials, Supertec Ceilings & Board (Pty) Ltd, Ukrmagnesit, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global magnesium oxide board market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global magnesium oxide board market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global magnesium oxide board market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive magnesium oxide board market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the magnesium oxide board market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the magnesium oxide board market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global magnesium oxide board market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global magnesium oxide board market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the magnesium oxide board market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global magnesium oxide board market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the magnesium oxide board industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.