The global mannitol market size reached US$ 412.6 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 557.7 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.45% during 2023-2028. The increasing product applications as a food additive, escalating demand for zero and low-calorie foods, and rising product adoption as a bulking agent for tableting applications represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Mannitol is a low-calorie sweetener and sugar alcohol usually made from fructose and hydrogen. It is naturally present in mushrooms, strawberries, celery, onions, pumpkins, and marine algae. It has similar sweetening properties as sugar but contains fewer calories. It offers excellent water solubility, low moldability, less sensitivity toward humidity, and superior wetting characteristics. It is widely employed as a food additive, and its cooling effect helps mask the bitter taste. It is also used for coating confectionery items, such as candies and gums, due to its unique non-hygroscopic properties. At present, mannitol finds extensive applications across the food and beverage (F&B), bakery and confectionery, chemical, personal care, and pharmaceutical industries.
Mannitol Market Trends:
The increasing application of mannitol as an artificial sweetener and food additive represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Compared to sucrose, mannitol contributes to a much lower hike in blood glucose. As a result, there is a rise in product use in food for diabetic patients. Along with this, the rising incidences of diabetes and obesity have led to a significant shift toward healthier food options, which in turn, is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the growing usage of mannitol in butter, frozen fish, pre-cooked pasta, and infant formula has augmented the product demand. In addition, the increasing consumer preferences for low and zero-calorie foods due to changing dietary habits and surging health consciousness have strengthened the need for artificial sweeteners, such as mannitol. Furthermore, the rising product applications as a diuretic, as an excipient in the formation of pharmaceutical tablets, and in treating renal failure and heart and lung diseases have catalyzed market growth. In line with this, the escalating use of mannitol in chewable tablets, mint-based candies, and chewing gums owing to its cooling sensation and low hygroscopicity has propelled the market growth. Other factors, including increasing product adoption in bakery and confectionery items, rising utilization as a bulking agent for tableting applications, ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, and continual technological advancements, are also creating a favorable market outlook.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global mannitol market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on form and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the mannitol market based on the form. This includes powder and granules. According to the report, powder represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the mannitol market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes food, pharmaceuticals, industrial, and others. According to the report, food accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for mannitol. Some of the factors driving the North America mannitol market included the expanding diabetic and obese population, rising sales of processed and packaged foods, and changing lifestyles and dietary patterns, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global mannitol market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Cargill Incorporated, Freund Corp, Hebei Huaxu Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, Ingredion Incorporated, Merck KGaA, Moga International Ltd, Pfanstiehl (Ferro Corporation), Qingdao Bright Moon Seaweed Group Co Ltd, Roquette Frères, Singsino Group Ltd., SPI Pharma Inc. (Associated British Foods), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Food, Pharmaceuticals, Industrial, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Cargill Incorporated, Freund Corp, Hebei Huaxu Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, Ingredion Incorporated, Merck KGaA, Moga International Ltd, Pfanstiehl (Ferro Corporation), Qingdao Bright Moon Seaweed Group Co Ltd, Roquette Frères, Singsino Group Ltd., SPI Pharma Inc. (Associated British Foods), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global mannitol market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global mannitol market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global mannitol market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive mannitol market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the form?
- Which is the most attractive form in the mannitol market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the mannitol market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global mannitol market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global mannitol market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the mannitol market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global mannitol market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the mannitol industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.