The global matting agents market size reached US$ 616 Million in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 924 Million by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% during 2024-2032. The widespread product adoption in the construction industry, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the rising demand for environmentally friendly and sustainable variants represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 616 Million
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 924 Million
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Matting agents are additives used in coatings, inks, and paints to reduce the glossiness of the surface. They are specifically designed to reduce the gloss of a coating and provide a matt finish. They are commonly used with paints and coatings to scatter the light that strikes the surface rather than allowing it to be reflected in a clear and shiny manner. Matting agents are widely used in leather, printing, textile, decorative, wood, and industrial coatings. They exhibit high porosity, resistance to over grind, smooth finishes, stir-in grade, low oil absorption, and easy stir-in properties. They assist in delivering a smooth and subtle look surface, reducing glossiness, improving the aesthetic appearance, scratch, and abrasion resistance, reducing greasiness, and improving the ultraviolet (UV) stability of coatings.
Matting Agents Market Trends:
The increasing product demand in the construction industry across the globe is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Matting agents are widely used in floor, wood, and roof coatings to reduce glossiness and improve slip resistance and thermal properties. In line with this, the widespread product adoption in architectural applications as it provides functions, such as inertness, film permeability control, burnish and scrub resistance, and high brightness, which in turn is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the shifting consumer preference toward matte completed surfaces to enhance the aesthetic appeal, durability, and performance of products is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the introduction of eco-friendly matting agents that are sustainable products and are free from harmful chemicals and have a lower carbon footprint is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, manufacturers are focusing on the launch of matting agents with precisely improved particle size and pore distribution that offer optimum performance are propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization in industrial applications, such as printing inks, metals, papers, and plastics, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including rising expenditure capacities of consumers, significant product innovations, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, widespread product adoption by various end-use industries, increasing demand for premium products, growing infrastructural development, and the implementation of various government initiatives to support industrial growth are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global matting agents market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on material type, technology, and application.
Material Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the matting agents market based on the material type. This includes silica, thermoplastic and wax-based. According to the report, silica represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the matting agents market based on the technology has also been provided in the report. This includes water-based, solvent-based and others. According to the report, water-based accounted for the largest market share.
- Industrial Coatings
- Wood Coatings
- Leather Coatings
- Architectural Coatings
A detailed breakup and analysis of the matting agents market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes industrial, wood, leather, architectural coatings, and others. According to the report, architectural coatings accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for matting agents. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific matting agents market included the widespread product adoption in the construction industry, extensive research and development (R&D) activities and significant product innovations.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global matting agents market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Akzo Nobel N.V., Arkema S.A., CHT Group, Deuteron GmbH, Evonik Industries AG, Imerys S.A., J.M. Huber Corporation, PPG Industries Inc., PQ Corporation, The Lubrizol Corporation, Thomas Swan & Co. Ltd., W. R. Grace and Co. (Standard Industries Limited), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Material Type
|Material Typets Covered
||Silica, Thermoplastic , Wax-based
||Water-based, Solvent-based, Others
||Industrial Coatings, Wood Coatings , Leather Coatings , Architectural Coatings, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Akzo Nobel N.V., Arkema S.A., CHT Group, Deuteron GmbH, Evonik Industries AG, Imerys S.A., J.M. Huber Corporation, PPG Industries Inc., PQ Corporation, The Lubrizol Corporation, Thomas Swan & Co. Ltd., W. R. Grace and Co. (Standard Industries Limited), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global matting agents market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global matting agents market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global matting agents market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive matting agents market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material type?
- Which is the most attractive material type in the matting agents market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on technology?
- Which is the most attractive technology in the matting agents market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the matting agents market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global matting agents market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global matting agents market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the matting agents market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global matting agents market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the mattin agents industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.