Medium-density fibreboard (MDF) is made by breaking down hardwood or softwood residuals into wood fibres. It has a homogeneous texture without layers due to which there is no visible wood grain, rings, or splinters in medium-density fibreboard. As a result of its smoothness, it is considered an excellent substrate for veneer. The latest report by IMARC Group titled, “Medium-Density Fibreboard (MDF) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, finds that the global medium-density fibreboard market reached a value of more than US$ 22 Billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of nearly 11% during 2010-2017.
Medium-density fibreboard is available in two types – Standard medium-density fibreboard and Moisture Resistant (MR) medium-density fibreboard. Standard medium-density fibreboard is used only for interior applications such as furniture and general fit-outs and is not suitable for areas which are prone to wetting or high humidity. On the other hand, MR medium-density fibreboard is suitable for high humidity areas such as bathrooms and laundries, and for furniture in tropical areas. Further, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 34 Billion by 2023.
On the basis of end-use the market is segmented as commercial and residential. The residential sector is the largest consumer for plywood, accounting for more than half of the total global shares. The report has conducted an evaluation of the market on the basis of key regions and finds that Asia-Pacific is the largest market for medium-density fibreboard. Some of the other major regions are North America, Europe, Latin America and Middle East and Africa. The report has also analysed the market on the basis of competitive landscape and has provided the details of the key players. Some of the major players are M. Kaindl Kg, Sonae Arauco, Weihua Corporation, Dynea Guangdong, Duratex, etc.
This report provides a deep insight into the global medium-density fibreboard industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a medium-density fibreboard manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the medium-density fibreboard industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- What are the key success and risk factors in the MDF industry?
- How has the MDF market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the MDF industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a MDF plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a MDF plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a MDF plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a MDF plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a MDF plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a MDF plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a MDF plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a MDF plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a MDF plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of MDF products?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a MDF plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?