The global military airlift market size reached US$ 4,915 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 5,104 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 0.4% during 2023-2028. Increasing geographical conflicts, the launch of advanced military transport aircraft, and rising number of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A military airlift is used in the organized transportation of troops, medical and food supplies, and humanitarian relief operations to remote locations. It is also utilized for transporting vehicles, equipment, weaponry, and personnel over long distances. It operates for tactical purposes while relying on smaller and more agile aircraft that are capable of landing or taking off from shorter and paved runways. At present, it is widely available in rotary and fixed wing aircraft variants. Amongst these, the rotary wing aircraft is equipped with rotors, which allow them to take off and land vertically and hover or fly at low speeds. On the other hand, the fixed wing aircraft is designed to generate lift as the aircraft moves through the air and used for longer distance travel or carrying large payloads.
Military Airlift Market Trends:
The increasing global tension between bordering countries and the rising focus on enhancing aerial combat during the war and enemy attacks represent one of the major factors driving the demand for military airlifts around the world. Furthermore, the rising emphasis on strategic and tactical airlift operations and the growing use of air cargo for military logistics to transport goods efficiently are influencing the market positively. Moreover, governing agencies of numerous countries are investing in the military infrastructure and the upgradation of existing aircraft with newer generation technologies and features. Apart from this, there is a rise in the launch of advanced military transport aircraft that provides excellent agility, higher speed, maneuverability, and a high survival rate in harmful weather conditions. This, coupled with the advent of vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft to provide surveillance and track terrorism activities in remote areas and supply essentials during rescue missions, is propelling the growth of the market. In addition, the increasing adoption of military airlifts for transporting ambulatory patients during aeromedical evacuations is favoring the growth of the market. Besides this, key players are offering military airlift conferences for the community concerning briefings, program developments, and future requirements. They are also focusing on collaboration and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to expand their market position, which is anticipated to strengthen the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global military airlift market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
- Rotary-Wing Aircraft
- Fixed-Wing Aircraft
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the military airlift market based on the type. This includes rotary and fixed wing aircraft. According to the report, fixed-wing aircraft represented the largest segment.
- Transporting Military Personnel
- Transporting Military Supplies
- Humanitarian Relief Operations
A detailed breakup and analysis of the military airlift market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes transporting military personnel, transporting military supplies, humanitarian relief operations, and others. According to the report, transporting military supplies accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for military airlift. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific military airlift market included the increasing number of cross border activities, rising investments in improving military infrastructure, and the launch of advanced military transport aircraft.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global military airlift market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Airbus SE, Embraer S.A., Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., Lockheed Martin Corporation, and The Boeing Company. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Rotary-Wing Aircraft, Fixed-Wing Aircraft
||Transporting Military Personnel, Transporting Military Supplies, Humanitarian Relief Operations, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Airbus SE, Embraer S.A., Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., Lockheed Martin Corporation, and The Boeing Company.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global military airlift market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global military airlift market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive military airlift markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the competitive structure of the global military airlift market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global military airlift market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the military airlift market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global military airlift market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the military airlift industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.