The global motorcycle sidecars market size reached 53.4 Million Units in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach 84.6 Million Units by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.24% during 2024-2032. The increasing consumer preferences for vintage collections, rising expenditure capacities, and significant technological advancements represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||53.4 Million Units
|Market Forecast in 2032
||84.6 Million Units
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
A motorcycle sidecar is a single-wheeled device that provides additional space and is attached to the side of a motorcycle. It consists of a frame, rear wheel, suspension system, mounting hardware, and body manufactured of steel or metal. The sidecar is attached to the motorcycle frame and powered by the motorcycle's engine. The motorcycle sidecar attachment to a two-wheeler converts it into a three-wheeled vehicle. It is widely used for cargo and passenger transportation and provides additional storage space for luggage, camping gear, or other items for specially-abled people. A motorcycle sidecar offers various advantages, such as stability, cost-effectiveness, unique and distinctive look, and safety. As compared to a solo motorcycle, motorcycle sidecars are wider, generally have a lower top speed, and have additional passenger or cargo capacity.
Motorcycle Sidecars Market Trends:
The rising demand from off-road bikers across the globe is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Motorcycle sidecars are widely adopted among motorcycle enthusiasts and bike lovers, owing to their advantage on roads filled with ice and gravel. In line with this, the increasing product demand due to the growing popularity of motorcycle touring as they provide additional storage space for luggage and camping gear is favoring the market growth. Moreover, the escalating demand for sidecars as a safe alternative to solo motorcycles, as they offer stability and reduce the risk of accidents, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, manufacturers are focusing on the introduction of custom-made or tailor-made products that are designed with specific needs for comfort, and storage are providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, the launch of motorcycle sidecars with additional features such as built-in storage and lighting is propelling the market growth. Additionally, the widespread adoption of sidecars with electric bikes as a convenient and sustainable mode of transportation is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the launch of various motorcycle sidecar designs to match the rider's personal style and preferences and gives it a unique look is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Other factors, including increasing consumer preferences for vintage collections, rising expenditure capacities, significant technological advancements, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global motorcycle sidecars market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on vehicle type, vehicle engine type, distribution channel, and sales channel.
Vehicle Type Insights:
- Standard Bikes
- Off-Road Bikes
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the motorcycle sidecars market based on the vehicle type. This includes standard bikes, off-road bikes, cruiser, and mopeds. According to the report, standard bikes represented the largest segment.
Vehicle Engine Type Insights:
- Electric Bike
- Regular Mechanical Bike
A detailed breakup and analysis of the motorcycle sidecars market based on the vehicle engine type has also been provided in the report. This includes electric, regular mechanical bike and others. According to the report, regular mechanical bike accounted for the largest market share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the motorcycle sidecars market based on the vehicle distribution channel. This includes online and offline. According to the report, offline represented the largest segment.
Sales Channel Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the motorcycle sidecars market based on the sales channel has also been provided in the report. This includes OEMs, aftermarket, and others. According to the report, aftermarket accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for motorcycle sidecars. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific motorcycle sidecars market included the rising consumer expenditure capacities, significant technological advancements, and the introduction of custom-made or tailor-made products.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global motorcycle sidecars market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Champion Sidecars & Reverse Gears, Texas Sidecar Company, Ural Motorcycles, Watsonian Squire Ltd., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Motorcycle Sidecars Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Vehicle Type
- Vehicle Engine Type
- Distribution Channel
- Sales Channel
|Vehicle Types Covered
||Standard Bikes, Off-Road Bikes, Cruiser, Mopeds
|Vehicle Engine Types Covered
||Electric Bike, Regular Mechanical Bike, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
|Sales Channels Covered
||OEMs, Aftermarket, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Champion Sidecars & Reverse Gears, Texas Sidecar Company, Ural Motorcycles, Watsonian Squire Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global motorcycle sidecars market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global motorcycle sidecars market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global motorcycle sidecars market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive motorcycle sidecars market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle type?
- Which is the most attractive vehicle type in the motorcycle sidecars market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle engine type?
- Which is the most attractive vehicle engine type in the motorcycle sidecars market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the motorcycle sidecars market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sales channel?
- Which is the most attractive sales channel in the motorcycle sidecars market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global motorcycle sidecars market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global motorcycle sidecars market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the motorcycle sidecars market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global motorcycle sidecars market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the motorcycle sidecars industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.