The global nanocoatings market reached a value of US$ 5.9 Billion in 2019. Nanocoating refers to very fine, thin layers of polymeric chemical substances that are used to impart specific chemical and physical characteristics to a substrate surface. This includes corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, hardness, lubricity, transparency, and ductility. Nanocoatings are predominantly used to alter the hydrophobic and/or oleophobic properties of a surface by adding a protective coating on a substantially small scale of several microns. A nanocoating can be produced with utmost precision through a process which involves atomic building blocks, where atoms are deposited in a controlled fashion to produce a layer that conforms uniformly on every distinct feature of the surface. Catalysed by their superior physical and chemical properties the global demand of nano coatings is currently growing robustly in industries such as construction, food, healthcare, automotive, electronics, etc. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global nanocoatings market to exhibit strong growth during 2020-2025.
Global Nanocoatings Market Drivers:
- Nanocoatings provide resistance to fluctuations in temperature, as a result, they are popular in products that are impacted by temperature changes and harsh climatic conditions such as aircrafts, ceramic tiles, glass windows, automobiles, etc.
- Nanocoatings provide a clear, colourless protection that cannot be detected by the naked eye. This maintains a products aesthetic appearance and preserves the natural gloss and transparency of the product. Moreover, nano coated products do not easily accumulate dirt, however, on few occasions when foreign elements such as dust adhere to the surface, they can be easily cleaned.
- Nanocoatings are able to provide protection against Ultra Violet (UV) light and resistance against abrasion. This significantly increases the life span of products and makes them ideal for the automotive industry to protect paint surfaces.
- Nanocoatings also provide corrosion resistance, this increases the durability and lifespan of the metals where they are applied. For example, nano coatings are commonly applied on air craft parts as they are highly susceptible to corrosion.
- Nanocoatings are anti-adhesive and more hygienic as compared to conventional coatings. They prevent the growth of bacteria and microorganisms. Automobiles with nano coatings do not require waxing to maintain their shine. Moreover, they are also environment friendly, non- toxic and breathable, enabling them to be efficiently used on a variety of products as they inhibit damp and mold.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into anti-microbial, anti-fingerprint, anti-fouling, easy to clean and self-cleaning.
- On the basis of end-use, the market has been segmented into construction, food packaging, healthcare, electronics, automotive, marine and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being BASF, Bio-Gate, Buhler, Nanogate, PPG Industries, AdMat Innovations, Cima NanoTech, CG2 NanoCoatings, Cleancorp, Ecological Coatings, Eikos, Inframat, Integran Technologies, Nanofilm, Nanomech, Nanovere Technologies, Nanophase Technologies, P2i, Surfix and Tesla NanoCoatings.
This report provides a deep insight into the global nanocoatings market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the nanocoatings industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global nanocoatings market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global nanocoatings market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global nanocoatings market?
- What are the major product types in the global nanocoatings market?
- What are the key end-use segments in the global nanocoatings market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global nanocoatings industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global nanocoatings industry?
- What is the structure of the global nanocoatings industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global nanocoatings industry?