The North Africa generic drug market size reached US$ 1.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.97% during 2023-2028.
A generic drug is a medication with the same active ingredients as a branded drug. It is identical in terms of quality, strength, dosage, performance, and efficiency. Moreover, it offers similar therapeutic effects at a substantially low cost. Therefore, its demand is escalating in the North African region.
The burgeoning pharmaceutical industry represents one of the major factors strengthening the growth of the generic drugs market in the North African region. Moreover, governing agencies are introducing price control policies and import restrictions to encourage domestic drug manufacturing in the region. This, in turn, is strengthening the growth of the generic drugs market. Other factors adding to the generic drug market growth are the rising prevalence of non-communicable diseases and increasing healthcare costs. However, the surging cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the imposition of lockdown restrictions across the region have disrupted the production of generic drugs. This has negatively affected the market, but it is anticipated to witness growth once lockdown restrictions are uplifted in the region and the production process acquires pace.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the North Africa generic drug market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on segment, therapy area, drug delivery and distribution channel.
Breakup by Segment:
- Unbranded Generics
- Branded Generics
Breakup by Therapy Area:
- Central Nervous System
Breakup by Drug Delivery:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
Breakup by Country:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Segment, Therapy Area, Drug Delivery, Distribution Channel, Country
||Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North Africa generic drug market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the North Africa generic drug market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the segment?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the therapy area?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the drug delivery?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the market?
- What is the structure of the North Africa generic drug market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the market?