The North America frac sand market is currently witnessing moderate growth. Frac sand refers to a naturally occurring crystalline silica that is processed from pure sandstone. It is utilized to extract natural gas, petroleum and other materials by drilling shale rock and land with a pressurized mixture. This pressurized mixture is a combination of water, frac sand, and different chemicals that can be injected into the rocks to break open the fractures to release the oil, water and gas.
North America is one of the world’s largest producers of shale gas across the globe, which can be attributed to the abundant availability of prime shale resources in the United States and Canada. This represents one of the key factors driving the market growth in the region. Moreover, the high demand for natural gas production has resulted in the increasing demand for frac sand, which is also used to explore unconventional natural gas reserves. This has consequently increased the volume of gas produced from hydraulically fractured reserves, especially when compared with conventional gas extraction processes, thus creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the rise in energy demand is also propelling the growth of the market. Due to these factors, the market is expected to continue its moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the North America frac sand market report, along with forecasts for growth at the region level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, type and application.
Breakup by Type:
- White Sand
- Brown Sand
Breakup by Application:
- Oil Exploitation
- Natural Gas Exploration
Breakup by Country:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America frac sand market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the North America frac sand market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the North America frac sand market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?