The North America gypsum board market size reached 2.8 Billion Sq. Meters in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach 3.3 Billion Sq. Meters by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 2.9% during 2023-2028. .
Gypsum boards, also known as drywall, wallboard or plasterboard, can be directly attached to wood and metal framing or existing surfaces using screws, nails or adhesives. They offer sound control, versatility, quality and convenience and their non-combustible core makes them different from plywood, hardboard and fiberboard. Gypsum boards are mainly composed of a mineral called gypsum, chemically known as calcium sulfate and is found in sedimentary rocks. Once the mineral is crushed, grinded and converted into calcined or partially dehydrated gypsum, it is again combined with water and additives to form a slurry. It is then fed between continuous layers of paper on a board-forming machine. These boards are subjected to solidification belts followed by cutting and drying machines. After this, the calcium sulfate recrystallizes to its original rock state and the paper becomes chemically and mechanically bonded to the core. Finally, the boards are trimmed, taped and stacked together, and distributed. Gypsum boards are primarily employed for decorative purposes in residential, commercial, corporate and institutional complexes.
The North America gypsum board market is currently driven by several factors. The rising influx of engineered products, such as gypsum board, in the construction industry, has catalyzed the demand in the region. Apart from this, several renovation and restoration projects for structural complexes have fueled the growth of the gypsum board market. In addition to this, the wood-frame construction, which is prevalent in the region, uses gypsum boards as an essential component. Furthermore, abundance of natural gypsum reserves and the presence of multiple synthetic gypsum suppliers in the region have also spurred the demand for gypsum board.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the North America gypsum board market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type and end-use.
- Key Regions Analysed
- United States
- Analysis for Each Country
- Market by Product Type
- Ceiling Board
- Pre-decorated Board
- Market by End-Use
- Value Chain Analysis
- Key Drivers and Challenges
- Porters Five Forces Analysis
- PESTEL Analysis
- Government Regulations
- Competitive Landscape
- Competitive Structure
- Key Player Profiles
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Billion Sq. Meters
||Product Type, End-Use, Country
||United States, Canada, Mexico
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America gypsum board market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the North America gypsum board market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the North America gypsum board market?
- What is the breakup of the North America gypsum board market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the North America gypsum board market on the basis of end-use?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the North America gypsum board industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the North America gypsum board industry?
- What is the structure of the North America gypsum board industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the North America gypsum board industry?
- What are the profit margins in the North America gypsum board industry?