The North America lip care products market size reached US$ 452.2 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 500.4 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 1.3% during 2023-2028.
Lip care products form an essential part of the everyday skin-care regime. These products not only help in preserving and maintaining the moisture levels of lips but also in protecting them against external influences such as cold, wind and UV radiation. Lip care products generally include lip balms, lip gloss, lip conditioners and lip butter. They are mainly composed of beeswax or carnauba wax, camphor, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, paraffin, and petrolatum, among other ingredients. Besides this, some variants also contain dyes, flavours, fragrances, phenol, salicylic acid and sunscreens.
Lip care products provide the consumer with an occlusive layer on the lips which protects them from external exposures such as cold temperature and dry air. Lips are vulnerable as the skin on the lips is thin, and therefore they are often the first to present signs of dryness. Substances like waxes and petroleum jelly avert moisture loss, while the addition of flavor, colorants, sunscreens, and various medicaments provide additional therapeutic and cosmetic benefits. A major factor driving the market is the confluence of growing emphasis on personal appearances and the wide availability of product varieties. Apart from this, a mounting preference for organic lip care products has prompted the manufacturers to invest substantially in the R&D programs and come up with natural and longer-lasting formulas. Some of the other growth-inducing factors include a rising demand of sun protection lip care products, increasing population, urbanization, changing lifestyles, inclination of men towards lip care products, etc.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the North America lip care products market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on category, product type and distribution channel.
Breakup by Category:
- Medicated and Therapeutic
- Sun Protection
Among these, the non-medicated category accounts for the largest share.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Lip Balms
- Lip Butter
- Lip Scrubs
- Lip Oil
Lip balms currently dominate the market, holding the largest share.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Pharmacies and Drug Stores
Supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the biggest segment, accounting for the largest market share.
Breakup by Country:
United States currently dominates the market.
The report has also examined the competitive landscape of the North America lip care products market. Some of the major players include:
- Chapstick (Pfizer)
- Burt’s Bees Products Company (The Clorox Company)
- Carmex (Carma Laboratories, Inc.)
- Blistex Inc
- eos Products, LLC
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Category, Distribution Channel, Country
||United States, Canada
||Chapstick (Pfizer), Burt’s Bees Products Company (The Clorox Company), Carmex (Carma Laboratories, Inc.), Blistex Inc, and eos Products, LLC
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the North America lip care products market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the North America lip care products market?
- What is the breakup of the North America lip care products market based on the category?
- What is the breakup of the North America lip care products market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the North America lip care products market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the country-wise breakup of the North America lip care products market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the market?
- What is the structure of North America lip care products industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the North America lip care products market?