According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “North America School Furniture Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the North America school furniture market size reached a value of US$ 2.1 Billion in 2021. School furniture refers to a class of functional and ergonomic furniture that is designed to provide convenience and comfort to create a dynamic learning environment for students. Designed in a way that contributes to physical health as well as human use, they help students experience less stress and improve concentration in order to meet the academic requirements of the educational institution. Desks, benches, chairs, blackboards, and portable white or green boards are some of the commonly used pieces of school furniture. Generally made from metal, wood, or plastic, these tables are widely used for accommodating students and school staff.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
North America School Furniture Market Trends:
The market in North America is majorly driven by the increasing expenditure on remodeling and restructuring school infrastructure, with an enhanced focus on ergonomic, aesthetically appealing furniture. This can be attributed to considerable growth in the education sector across the region. Besides this, the escalating demand for expanded storage spaces and improved stackability in school offices, libraries and laboratories are propelling the product demand. Also, the advent of dynamic teaching styles, such as flipped classrooms and blended learning models requiring portable, adjustable, and reconfigurable furniture with flexible settings, are further fueling the market. Furthermore, the increasing student enrolment in schools across North America is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the expanding number of educational institutions, inflating disposable income levels, continual product innovations, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by the key players. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach US$ 2.8 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.2% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into desks and chairs, storage, lab equipment, and others. Amongst these, desks and chairs represent the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been divided into wood, metal, plastic, and others. Wood based materials currently exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the distribution channels, the market has been categorized into offline and online. Presently, the offline channel accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into the United States and Canada. Amongst these, the United States holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of the major players include Herman Miller, HNI, KI, Steelcase, Fleetwood Group, Hertz Furniture, Knoll and Virco.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800