The global optical interconnect market size reached US$ 10.7 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 22.0 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 12.9% during 2023-2028.
An optical interconnect is a link that is used to connect multiple computer systems in a circuit through light. It is an interface that assists in receiving digital signals from network equipment and converting them into optical signals that are transmitted through the fiber network. Advanced signal processing is facilitated by optical interconnect to monitor or manage errors and reduce distortion in fiber optics. Optical interconnections can range from short connections on motherboards to kilometer-long links used in large area networks. These interconnects have a low frequency-dependent loss, negligible crosstalk and high bandwidth due to which they find wide applications in the semiconductor industry.
Increasing demand for internet services across the domestic, commercial and industrial sectors is the key factor driving the market growth. Owing to the rapid growth of the information technology (IT) sector along with the introduction of big data analytics and Internet of Things (IoT), the demand for high data transmission and bandwidth communication is on the rise, which has led to an increased demand for optical interconnect globally. Optical interconnect is considered a more suitable alternative to the traditionally used technologies, in order to meet the current performance requirements of data processors. Also, the rising demand for increased bandwidth capacity along with the reduced power consumption within data center networks is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, rising network traffic from both private and government sectors has resulted in an increasing demand for optical interconnect devices for efficient utilization of resources while handling web applications and cloud computing systems. With cloud applications facilitating rapid communication and the rising trend of digitalization, there is a rise in the adoption of optical interconnect systems that favor the growth of various information-centric industries.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global optical interconnect market report, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, interconnect level, fiber mode, application and end use industry.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Cable Assemblies
- LC Connectors
- SC Connectors
- ST Connectors
- MPO/MTP Connectors
- Optical Transceivers
- Free Space Optics, Fiber and Waveguides
- Silicon Photonics
- PIC-Based Interconnects
- Optical Engines
Breakup by Interconnect Level:
- Chip- & Board-Level Interconnect
- Board-To-Board and Rack-Level Optical Interconnect
- Metro & Long Haul Optical Interconnect
Breakup by Fiber Mode:
- Multi-Mode Fiber
- Step Index Multi-Mode Fiber
- Graded Index Multi-Mode Fiber
- Single-Mode Fiber
Breakup by Application:
- Data Communication
- Data Center
- High-Performance Computing (HPC)
Breakup by End Use Industry:
- Military and Aerospace
- Consumer Electronics
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Finisar, Mellanox Technologies, Molex, Oclaro, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Broadcom, TE Connectivity, Amphenol, Juniper Networks, Fujitsu, Infinera Corporation, Lumentum Holdings, OFS Fitel, LLC (FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD), 3M Company, Acacia Communication, Dow Corning, Huawei, Intel, Infineon Technologies, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Interconnect Level, Fiber Mode, Application, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Finisar, Mellanox Technologies, Molex, Oclaro, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Broadcom, TE Connectivity, Amphenol, Juniper Networks, Fujitsu, Infinera Corporation, Lumentum Holdings, OFS Fitel, LLC (FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD), 3M Company, Acacia Communication, Dow Corning, Huawei, Intel and Infineon Technologies
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global optical interconnect market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global optical interconnect industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global optical interconnect industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the interconnect level?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the fiber mode?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global optical interconnect industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global optical interconnect industry?
- What is the structure of the global optical interconnect industry and who are the key players?