The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Paper Bags Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the India paper bags market size reached US$ 650 Million in 2021. A paper bag is a renewable and eco-friendly flexible packaging solution used to carry goods. It is manufactured using recycled Kraft and parchment paper and is processed through several mechanical and chemical processes to achieve a certain weight and color. Paper bag is durable, lightweight, and highly customizable according to the specific requirement of the consumers. Due to this, there has been an escalating demand for paper bags across the retail and food service industries in India.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Paper Bags Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by rising environmental concerns among the masses. In addition, the implementation of favorable government initiatives represents another major growth-inducing factor. For instance, the Government of India is undertaking various efforts to reduce the utilization of single-use plastics. Consequently, National Green Tribunal (NGT) imposed a ban on non-biodegradable plastic bags in Delhi and the NCR region. Moreover, State-owned institutions, such as Indian Railways and Air India, also announced a ban on single-use plastics in 2019, which is escalating the demand for paper bags in various end-use industries. Besides this, the market is further propelled by the growing demand for consumer goods and the establishment of shopping malls, complexes, and retail outlets in rural and urban areas. Furthermore, the introduction of aesthetically appealing paper bags, rapid urbanization, and the rising disposable incomes of individuals are some of the other factors creating a positive market outlook across the country. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 896.2 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
• Based on the product type, the market has been categorized into sewn open mouth, pinched bottom open mouth, pasted valve, pasted open mouth, flat bottom, and others.
• On the basis of the material type, the market has been bifurcated into Brown and White Kraft.
• Based on the thickness, the market has been segmented into 1, 2, 3, and >3 ply.
• On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into online and offline channels.
• Based on the end use industry, the market has been segregated into food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, retail, construction, chemicals, and others.
• On the geographical front, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
• The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800