As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "India Paper Cups Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the India paper cups market size reached 22.0 Billion Units in 2022. Paper cups are widely used in various settings, such as cafes, offices, and events, due to their convenience and eco-friendly nature. They are typically made from renewable resources, primarily wood pulp sourced from sustainably managed forests. The manufacturing process involves several steps, including pulping the wood fibers, filtering impurities, and shaping the material into cups through molding. Paper cups are composed of three main components: the paperboard, a polyethylene (PE) lining for insulation and preventing leaks, and a thin layer of coating for enhanced durability. One of their primary advantages is their positive environmental impact. Unlike plastic cups, which contribute to pollution and take a long time to decompose, paper cups are biodegradable and can be recycled. They significantly reduce plastic waste and the associated ecological harm. Apart from this, they are convenient, hygienic, disposable, lightweight, and portable, making them ideal for on-the-go consumption. Currently, there are several different product variants available, including single-wall, double-wall, ripple, and compostable paper cups. Furthermore, compostable paper cups are gaining popularity, as they are made from materials that can break down into natural components.
India Paper Cups Market Trends:
The India paper cups market is witnessing significant growth due to the increasing awareness among consumers about the environmental impact of plastic cups, leading to a shift towards eco-friendly alternatives. Moreover, the growing food and beverage (F&B) industry and the rising number of cafes, restaurants, and food delivery services are providing a considerable thrust to the market growth. Additionally, the Government of India (GoI) is undertaking initiatives promoting sustainable practices and banning single-use plastics, which is further fueling the market growth. Besides this, the expanding organized retail sector and easy product availability in supermarkets and hypermarkets are boosting the market growth. Furthermore, the availability of customized and aesthetically appealing paper cups, the surging takeaway and on-the-go culture, coupled with the rising disposable income of consumers, are positively supporting the market growth. Moreover, the increasing trend of social gatherings, events, and corporate meetings and rapid technological advancements in paper cup manufacturing, including improved design and printing capabilities, are accelerating the market growth. Apart from this, the expansion of online platforms and e-commerce channels, the availability of raw materials, such as paper and food-grade coatings, and the increasing penetration of organized waste management systems and recycling facilities are propelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach 25.7 Billion Units by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 2.5% during 2023-2028.
- By the cup type, the market is divided into hot and cold paper cups. According to the report, hot paper cups represented the largest segment.
- Based on the wall type, the market is segregated into single wall, double wall, and triple wall paper cups. Currently, single wall paper cups dominate the market.
- On the basis of the cup size, the market is categorized into small, medium, and large.
- Based on the end user, the market is divided into coffee/tea shops, fast foods shops/ QSRS, offices, educational institutes and multiplexes, supermarket (food courts), and others. Among these, coffee/tea shops hold the majority of the market share.
- By the region, the market has been categorized into Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Gujarat, and Others. According to the report, Maharashtra was the largest market for paper cups in India.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Leetha Group, Sri Lakshmi Polypack, Octane Ecowares Private Limited, Plus Paper Foodpac Ltd., Neeyog Packaging, Swan International, Manohar International Private Limited (MIPL), Greenware Revolution, Vecchio Industries Private Limited, Hyper Pack Private Limited, Valpack Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Ashima Paper Products, World Star Packaging Industry, Paricott India Papercup Pvt. Ltd., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||INR Crore, Billion Units
||Cup Type, Wall Type, Cup Size, Application, End User, States
|| Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Gujarat, Others
||Leetha Group, Sri Lakshmi Polypack, Octane Ecowares Pvt Ltd, Plus Paper Foodpac Limited, Neeyog Packaging, Swan International, Manohar International Private Limited (MIPL), Greenware Revolution, Vecchio Industries, Hyper Pack Pvt. Ltd., Valpack Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Ashima Paper Products, World Star Packaging Industry and Paricott India Papercup Pvt. Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800