According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Paper Cups Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the India paper cups market reached a volume of 22.0 Billion Units in 2022. Paper cups are eco-friendly, disposable cups that are made up of cardboard and other paper-based materials. They are used for packaging and consuming various hot and cold beverages, including tea, soups, coffee, and soft drinks. Paper cups are coated with low-density polyethylene or wax and an extra insulating layer that helps prevent leakage of the liquid through the paper, thus enhancing their durability and performance. As compared to their styrofoam variants, they are more lightweight, cost-effective, convenient to use, safer and are recyclable. As a result, they are extensively used as a food and beverage carrier across several establishments, such as restaurants, educational institutions, commercial complexes, and fast-food shops. Currently, they are commercially available in varying shapes, sizes, and wall thickness types.
India Paper Cups Market Trends:
The increasing awareness amongst consumers regarding the detrimental effects caused by plastic products on health and the environment has supplemented the widespread adoption of paper cups by different industrial verticals, such as food and beverage (F&B) and manufacturing. This, in turn, is primarily driving the market growth across India. Besides this, the rising need for disposable commodities as an alternative to reusable cups for maintaining cleanliness and hygiene is also supporting the market growth. In line with this, the escalating environmental concerns have prompted the Government of India (GoI) to promote the uptake of sustainable products, including paper cups, in several commercial complexes to reduce the overall carbon footprint, which is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the shifting inclination of consumers toward ready-to-drink (RTD) and ready-to-eat (RTE) meals due to inflating disposable incomes and hectic lifestyle schedules is propelling the demand for paper cups across the nation. Moreover, significant technological advancements, such as the employment of the bacterial spore sterilization process to mitigate bacteria from the surface of the product, are contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including the continuous investments in research and development (R&D) activities and strategic collaborations amongst key players to improve the efficacy of plastic cups, are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a volume of 25.7 Billion Units by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 2.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the cup type, the market has been bifurcated into hot and cold paper cups.
- On the basis of the wall type, the market has been segregated into single, double, and triple walled paper cups.
- Based on the cup size, the market has been categorized into small, medium, and large paper cups.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into tea and coffee, chilled food and beverages, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into coffee/tea shops, fast foods shops/ QSRS, offices, educational institutes and multiplexes, supermarket (food courts), and others.
- On a regional basis, the report covers Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Gujarat, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Leetha Group, Sri Lakshmi Polypack, Octane Ecowares Pvt Ltd, Plus Paper Foodpac Limited, Neeyog Packaging, Swan International, Manohar International Private Limited (MIPL), Greenware Revolution, Vecchio Industries, Hyper Pack Pvt. Ltd., Valpack Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Ashima Paper Products, World Star Packaging Industry and Paricott India Papercup Pvt. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal