The global pates market size reached US$ 1.21 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1.35 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 1.6% during 2023-2028. The rising penetration of western cuisines, changing consumer dietary patterns, and escalating demand for processed foods represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 1.21 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 1.35 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Pate is a paste or spread of finely chopped or pureed seasoned meat that usually contains liver. It is a savory filling of meat and fat baked in a terrine, an earthenware vessel. Some common types of meat used to make pate includes chicken, pork, pig scraps, duck, goose, lamb, venison, and fish. It is generally prepared by grinding meat marinated with herbs, spices, vegetables, and wine or liquor. The meat is ground to obtain the desired texture, and the fat is ground separately and then worked into the meat, either manually or in a food processor. The pate mixture is then added with binding agents, such as eggs or panada, which is a paste made using flour, bread, or other starch. Pates can be eaten hot or cold and served with a variety of dishes. Since they are rich in iron, copper, and vitamins A and B-12, pates are gaining immense traction across the globe.
Pates Market Trends:
The rising penetration of western cuisines and changing consumer dietary patterns represent the primary factors driving the market growth. This is further supported by the growing awareness about the nutritional benefits of pates among the masses. In addition, there has been a rise in the consumption of processed foods owing to their superior quality and prolonged shelf life. Along with this, the increasing number of food chains and restaurants across the globe and rapid expansion in the hospitality industry are contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the leading players are introducing novel variants of meat spreads in the market, such as pates manufactured using beef, fish, and pork, to expand their product portfolio and consumer base. In line with this, the launch of vegetarian pate, usually made of cheese, vegetables, mushrooms, and herbs, to attract vegetarian customers is positively influencing product sales worldwide. Besides this, recent innovations in preservatives by key players to enhance meat quality and extend shelf life have catalyzed market growth. Other factors, including the expanding food and beverage (F&B) sector, increasing consumer willingness to try out new cuisines, elevating income levels, easy product availability via online and offline channels, and continual launch of innovative ingredients, are also creating a favorable market outlook.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global pates market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the pates market based on the product type. This includes chicken, fish, duck, and others. According to the report, chicken represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Convenience Store
- Specialty Store
- Online Retailers
A detailed breakup and analysis of the pates market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes supermarket/hypermarket, convenience store, specialty store, online retailers, and others. According to the report, supermarkets/hypermarkets accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for pates. Some of the factors driving the Europe pates market included the widespread consumption of pate in the region as it is a classic French Dish and has its origin in Europe, rising number of food joints and outlets, inflating consumer expenditure capacities, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global pates market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Alexian Pates, Henaff, J Sainsbury plc, Kinsale Bay Food Company (Jim O' Mahony), Morrisons, Patchwork Traditional Foods, Rougie, Tesco Plc, Waitrose & Partners, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Pates Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Distribution Channel
|Product Types Covered
||Chicken, Fish, Duck, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarket/Hypermarket, Convenience Store, Specialty Store, Online Retailers, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Alexian Pates, Henaff, J Sainsbury plc, Kinsale Bay Food Company (Jim O' Mahony), Morrisons, Patchwork Traditional Foods, Rougie, Tesco Plc, Waitrose & Partners, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global pates market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global pates market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global pates market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive pates market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the pates market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the pates market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global pates market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global pates market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the pates market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global pates market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the pates industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.