The global pharmaceutical caps and closures market size reached US$ 3.4 Billion in2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 5.7 Billion by 2028 exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% during 2023-2028. The growing prevalence of chronic and acute conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, asthma, and cardiovascular diseases, rising need for safe and effective packaging, and the introduction of child-proof packaging solution represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Pharmaceutical caps and closures are air-tight sealing products that protect pharmaceutical items from dust, moisture, and unfavorable climatic conditions. They are made up of different metallic materials and polymers, such as high-density polypropylene (HDPP) and polyethylene. They help keep the content fresh for an extended period by protecting products from environmental and microbiological spoilage. They also enhance product aesthetics and make handling convenient during transportation from one place to another. In addition, they assist in minimizing wastage and increasing the shelf-life of packed medicines by averting the chances of microbial attacks and contamination. As a result, the demand for pharmaceutical caps and closures is increasing across the globe.
Pharmaceutical Caps and Closures Market Trends:
Due to sedentary lifestyles, rising geriatric population, and unhealthy dietary patterns, there is an increase in the prevalence of various acute and chronic conditions, such as hypertension, diabetes, asthma, obesity, COPD, musculoskeletal disorders, and dental problems. This represents one of the key factors catalyzing the demand for pharmaceutical packaging solutions like caps and closures across the globe. The escalating demand for safe and effective packaging solutions is also encouraging innovations in the pharmaceutical caps and closures market. Along with this, the rising need for child-proof packaging solutions to prevent kids from accidental consumption is another major factor supporting the growth of the market. Furthermore, the demand for pharmaceutical products is increasing worldwide with the increasing expenditure capacity of individuals and the expansion of hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs), and other healthcare centers. Moreover, rising focus of industry investors on utilizing advanced manufacturing techniques for producing lightweight caps and closures with high precision and efficiency is offering a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, caps and closures manufactured with plastic are gaining immense traction in the pharmaceutical industry as they are economical, durable, and resistant to corrosion. Furthermore, leading market players are developing customized products in different shapes and sizes with superior chemical resistance properties to meet end-user requirements. They are also focusing on the development of sustainable closure solutions made from recyclable or biodegradable materials to reduce the environmental impact and product development costs, which is anticipated to propel the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global pharmaceutical caps and closures market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, material, and end user.
- Screw-on Caps
- Dispensing Caps
A detailed breakup and analysis of the pharmaceutical caps and closures market based on the product has also been provided in the report. This includes screw-on caps and dispensing caps.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the pharmaceutical caps and closures market based on the material. This includes PP, HDPE, and LDPE.
End User Insights:
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO)
- Contract Research Organizations (CRO)
- Academic and Research Institutes
A detailed breakup and analysis of the pharmaceutical caps and closures market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, contract manufacturing organizations (CMO), contract research organizations (CRO), and academic and research institutes.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for pharmaceutical caps and closures on account of the highly advanced and robust healthcare infrastructure, presence of well-established pharmaceutical industry, increasing investment in the healthcare industry, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global pharmaceutical caps and closures market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Amcor PLC, Aptar Group Inc., Bericap GmbH and Co. KG, Berry Global Group Inc., Closure Systems International Inc., Comar LLC, MJS Packaging, Pano Cap Canada Ltd, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Saudi Arabian Oil Co.), Tecnocap S.p.A., United Caps Luxembourg S.A., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
||Screw-on Caps, Dispensing Caps
||PP, HDPE, LDPE
|End Users Covered
||Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO), Contract Research Organizations (CRO), Academic and Research Institutes
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amcor PLC, Aptar Group Inc., Bericap GmbH and Co. KG, Berry Global Group Inc., Closure Systems International Inc., Comar LLC, MJS Packaging, Pano Cap Canada Ltd, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Saudi Arabian Oil Co.), Tecnocap S.p.A., United Caps Luxembourg S.A., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global pharmaceutical caps and closures market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global pharmaceutical caps and closures market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global pharmaceutical caps and closures market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive pharmaceutical caps and closures market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the pharmaceutical caps and closures market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- Which is the most attractive material in the pharmaceutical caps and closures market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the pharmaceutical caps and closures market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global pharmaceutical caps and closures market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global pharmaceutical caps and closures market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the pharmaceutical caps and closures market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global pharmaceutical caps and closures market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the pharmaceutical caps and closures industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.