The global plant genomics market size reached US$ 9.3 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 14.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.3% during 2023-2028.
Plant genomics refer to numerous genetic manipulation methods that are used to improve plant quality and aim to determine the manner genetic composition of plants affects plant breeding. With numerous advancements in plant genomics, crop protection may be improved by preventing mycotoxin contamination in plants and allowing crops to survive extreme temperatures. The availability of faster growing plants contributes to maintaining food security and ensuring that nutrients are available in the market. Plant genomics also plays an instrumental role in reducing the spread of diseases through the development of genetically modified crops. Molecular diagnostics, molecular markers, genetic engineering, tissue culture, and the development of beneficial microbes are the main areas of genomics that are employed to improve the quality of crops.
Plant Genomics Market Trends:
The market is majorly driven by the rising prevalence of protein deficiency among individuals, resulting in the augmenting demand for protein-rich plants. The market is experiencing an increase in the demand for fruit, vegetables, and cereals of high quality due to the increasing population. Also, extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted for developing numerous advanced plant genomics methods are creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, favorable initiatives taken by the government bodies of several countries promoting improved plant and crop growth programs are providing an impetus to the market. Additionally, the widespread loss of vegetative cover is resulting in the implementation of alternative scientific methods to improve vegetation and increase plant productivity. The market is further propelled by the shifting preference toward genomics over automated instruments due to its cost-efficiency and the growing costs of automated instruments. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include the escalating demand for a bio-based economy to improve food security, rapid urbanization, considerable growth in the food and beverage (F&B) industry, the rising trend of veganism and an enhanced focus on sustainable development.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global plant genomics market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, technology, trait and application.
Breakup by Type:
- Molecular Engineering
- Genetic Engineering
- Genome Editing
Breakup by Technology:
- DNA/RNA Sequencing
- Marker-Assisted Selection (MAS)
Breakup by Trait:
- Yield Improvement
- Disease Resistance
- Herbicide Tolerance
Breakup by Application:
- Cereals and Grains
- Oilseeds and Pulses
- Fruits and Vegetables
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Agilent Technologies Inc., BGI Genomics, Eurofins Scientific SE, Floragenex Inc., GENEWIZ Inc. (Azenta Inc.), Illumina Inc., Keygene N.V., LC Sciences, Neogen Corporation, Novogene Co. Ltd., NRGene Technologies Ltd., Oxford Nanopore Technologies plc and Qiagen N.V. Kindly, note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Type, Technology, Trait, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agilent Technologies Inc., BGI Genomics, Eurofins Scientific SE, Floragenex Inc., GENEWIZ Inc. (Azenta Inc.), Illumina Inc., Keygene N.V., LC Sciences, Neogen Corporation, Novogene Co. Ltd., NRGene Technologies Ltd., Oxford Nanopore Technologies plc and Qiagen N.V.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global plant genomics market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global plant genomics market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the trait?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global plant genomics market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the plant genomics market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global plant genomics market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the plant genomics industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.