The global plastic films market size reached US$ 159.7 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 241.1 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.54% during 2024-2032. The escalating demand in the agriculture industry, rising utilization of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) sheets, and the increasing application of plastic films in nuclear facilities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 159.7 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 241.1 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
A plastic film is a continuous form of plastic material that is thin and rolled on a core or cut into sheets. It comprises anti-blocking agents, such as kaolin and amorphous silicate, to reduce the sticking of film layers during unwinding. It is designed with various aesthetic effects, such as gloss, matte, opaque, transparent, and pearlescent. It is used to provide a no-label look on transparent containers, such as glass and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. A plastic film is more durable and versatile as compared to paper in bathrooms and kitchens. It offers improved product resistance to prevent spillage down the sides of the container. It assists in manufacturing plastic film capacitors with metalized electrodes in direct current (DC) applications due to high electrical properties, a low tendency for self-healing during service, and enhanced insulation resistance. As a result, it finds applications in the healthcare, construction, packaging, electronics, and agriculture industries across the globe.
Plastic Films Market Trends:
At present, the increasing use of plastic films in the agriculture industry to construct greenhouses, low tunnel covers, mulching, and walk-in tunnels represents one of the key factors strengthening the growth of the market. Besides this, there is a rise in the utilization of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) sheets due to several benefits, such as high durability, weather, corrosion and binding-resistance, and waterproofing. This, along with the growing demand for processed food on account of the changing food habits of individuals, is positively influencing the market. In addition, there is an increase in the employment of plastic films in roof flooring, which helps limit leakage and prevent buildings from high and low temperatures across the globe. This, coupled with the rising demand for plastic films in the construction industry as it requires less quantity of paint and cement and gives a smooth texture to the ceiling, is propelling the growth of the market. Moreover, the growing demand for low density polyethylene (LDPE) films in the packaging industry due to high flexibility, tensile strength, and puncture and impact resistance is offering a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, the increasing application of plastic films in nuclear facilities to enhance radiation protection is bolstering the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global plastic films market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on product type and application.
Product Type Insights:
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene (PE)
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the plastic films market based on the product type. This includes polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE), and others. According to the report, PET represented the largest segment.
- Food Containers
- Blister Packs
- Electric & Electronic Purposes
- Construction Materials
- Safety Materials
- Advertisement Lighting
A detailed breakup and analysis of the plastic films market based on application has also been provided in the report. This includes packaging (food containers, blister packs, electric & electronic purposes, and others), decoration (solid color and others), and industrial (construction materials, safety materials, advertisement lighting, and others). According to the report, packaging accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for plastic films. Some of the factors driving the Europe plastic films market included demand from packaging, construction and agriculture industries, rising use of flexible packaging, cling flims, and expanding research and development (R&D) activities to introduce biodegradable and edible films.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global plastic films market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies include Amcor plc, Berry Global Inc., Cosmo Films Limited, Dow Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Exxon Mobil Corporation, Inteplast Group Corporation, Jindal Poly Films, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Polyplex Corporation Limited, RKW Group, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Saudi Arabian Oil Co.), Toray Industries Inc., UFlex Limited, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Product Types Covered
||Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene (PE), and Others
- Packaging: Food Containers, Blister Packs, Electric & Electronic Purposes, Others
- Decoration: Solid Color, Others
- Industrial: Construction Materials, Safety Materials, Advertisement Lighting, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amcor plc, Berry Global Inc., Cosmo Films Limited, Dow Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Exxon Mobil Corporation, Inteplast Group Corporation, Jindal Poly Films, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Polyplex Corporation Limited, RKW Group, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Saudi Arabian Oil Co.), Toray Industries Inc., UFlex Limited, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global plastic films market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global plastic films market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive plastic films markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the plastic films market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the plastic films market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global plastic films market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global plastic films market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the plastic films market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global plastic films market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the plastic films industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.