According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " The United States Platelet Rich Plasma Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the United States platelet rich plasma market grew at a CAGR of around 10% during 2015-2020. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a concentrated plasma protein that is derived from the blood, and therefore, contains a minor quantity of red blood cells (RBC). Suspended in a small amount of plasma after centrifugation, they are known to stimulate healing upon being injected into the body. As a result, it is widely used in various therapeutic applications to reduce the pain caused by injuries. Some of the commonly utilized PRP variants include platelet-rich Fibrin (L-PRF), leukocyte- and platelet-rich plasma (LPRP), pure platelet-rich plasma (P-PRP) and pure platelet-rich fibrin (P-PRF).
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
The United States Platelet Rich Plasma Market Trends:
The market in the United States is primarily driven by significant growth in the healthcare sector. Along with this, the increasing incidences of chronic tendon injuries, especially among athletes, are creating a positive outlook for the market. Also, the rising demand for effective muscle therapies for acute ligament, fractures, muscle soreness, arthritis and orthopedic impairments among individuals is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the rising popularity of cosmetic surgeries and the escalating preference to improve facial volume and structure among the masses for maintaining an aesthetic appearance is positively influencing the market growth across the country. Moreover, increasing investments by public and private firms to upgrade the existing healthcare infrastructure is providing a boost to the market growth across the United States. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth in the United States include the increasing geriatric population, inflating disposable income levels of the masses and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players to introduce effective non-invasive procedures. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to witness strong growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been classified into Pure Platelet-Rich Plasma (P-PRP), Leukocyte- and Platelet-Rich Plasma (LPRP), Leukocyte- and Platelet-Rich Fibrin (L-PRF), and Pure Platelet-Rich Fibrin (P-PRF).
- Based on the origin, the market has been divided into Autologous PRP, Homologous PRP and Allogeneic PRP.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into orthopedics, cosmetic surgery and dermatology, neurosurgery, general surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, urology, ophthalmology and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been categorized into hospitals and clinics, research institutes and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been segregated into Northeast, Midwest, South and West.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined?in the report?with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Arteriocyte Medical Systems Inc. (Isto Technologies II LLC), Arthrex Inc., Depuy Synthes, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Dr Prp USA LLC, EmCyte Corporation, Exactech Inc., Glofinn America LLC (Glofinn Co. Ltd.), Regen Lab USA LLC, Stryker Corporation, Terumo BCT Inc. (Terumo Corporation), ThermoGenesis Holdings Inc. and Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal