PVC, also known as polyvinyl chloride, is a non-toxic inert polymer which can be moulded into different shapes to create fittings, valves, pipes and other liquid handling supplies. PVC pipes became popular in Portugal during the 1960s owing to their superiority over concrete, cooper and wooden pipes. Since then, PVC pipes have replaced traditional piping systems in a variety of applications ranging from water distribution, sewerage and drainage to gas distribution, electricity and chemical processing. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Portugal PVC Pipes Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the PVC Pipes market in Portugal reached a volume of XX Tons in 2017.
One of the major factors stimulating the growth of the PVC pipes market in Portugal is the revival of the construction industry owing to the improving economic growth in the region. Apart from this, the manufacturers are also focusing on developing value-added products, improving technologies and expanding businesses. This is further projected to enhance the growth prospects of the market. Moreover, the various benefits offered by these pipes, such as high tensile strength, resistance to chemicals, easy installation, cost-effectiveness, low maintenance cost and elimination of welding, are helping in expanding their demand. Looking forward, the market volume is projected to reach XXTons by 2023, registering a CAGR of X% during 2018-2023.
- Based on type, the market has been segmented as rigid and flexible PVC pipes. Currently, rigid PVC pipes dominate the market, holding the majority of the share.
- On the basis of application, construction sector represents the largest segment, followed by water distribution, agriculture and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Politejo, Adequa Water Solutions, Fersil and Plimat.
This report provides a deep insight into the Portugal PVC pipes industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key application areas, major market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, manufacturing process, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Portugal PVC pipes industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Portugal PVC pipes market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key types of PVC pipes in Portugal?
- What are the key applications of PVC pipes in Portugal?
- What are the price trends of PVC pipes in Portugal?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the PVC pipes industry in Portugal?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Portugal PVC pipes industry?
- What is the structure of the PVC pipes industry in Portugal and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the PVC pipes industry in Portugal?
- How are PVC pipes manufactured?
- What are the raw material requirements for PVC pipes manufacturing?
- What are the land and construction requirements for PVC pipes manufacturing?
- What are the machinery requirements for PVC pipes manufacturing?
- What are the manpower requirements for PVC pipes manufacturing?
- What are the utility requirements for PVC pipes manufacturing?
- What are the packaging requirements for PVC pipes?