The global pulses market reached a volume of around 85 Million Tons in 2017, registering a CAGR of 3.6% during the year 2010-2017. Pulse0073 are considered as a superfood owing to the presence of high levels of dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and complex carbohydrates. Apart from the nutritional benefits, pulses also assist in improving digestion, reducing blood glucose, minimizing inflammation, lowering blood cholesterol, and preventing chronic health issues such as diabetes, heart diseases and obesity. At present, the majority of the global population relies on pulses as a staple food. However, their consumption differs from region to region depending on the dietary patterns, availability and prevailing conditions.
Global Pulses Market Drivers:
- Pulses can be processed into different forms such as whole pulses, split pulses, pulse flours and pulse fractions like protein, starch and fiber. The flour and fractions find diverse applications in industries like meat and snack food, bakery and beverages, and batter and breading.
- Pulses are now increasingly being used in the processing of ready-to-eat (RTE) food products. As a result of rapid urbanization, changing lifestyle and hectic work schedules, healthy snack foods are becoming popular amongst the working population.
- As the global population is rapidly increasing, the gap between the demand and supply of pulses is widening. In order to minimize this difference, the governments of pulses-producing countries are providing assistance to the farmers, in turn, strengthening the growth of the market.
- As pulses are associated with various health benefits, the health-conscious consumers are increasingly incorporating dishes made from pulses into their everyday diets, in turn, propelling the growth of the global pulses market.
Breakup by Type:
On the basis of type, the global pulses market has been segmented into chick peas, kaspa peas, lentils, pigeon peas, fava beans, black gram, mung beans and others. Presently, chick peas account for the majority of the total market share as they offer health benefits such as increased supply of antioxidants, improved blood regulation and decreased cardiovascular risks.
Breakup by End-Use:
Based on end-use, the market has been segregated into retail stores, snack food industry and flour industry. The report finds that the snack food industry currently represents the largest end-use segment of pulses. This can be accredited to the growing popularity of pulses-based snacks, particularly amongst the health-conscious consumers.
On a geographical front, India represents the leading producer of pulses, holding around one-fourth of the total share. Several programs have been launched by the Government of India in order to increase the awareness regarding modern crop production technologies and provide financial assistance to farmers. India is followed by Canada, Myanmar, China and Brazil.
The competitive landscape of the global pulses market has also been examined with detailed profiles of the key players.
This report provides a deep insight into the global pulses industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a pulses processing plant. The study analyses the processing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the pulses industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global pulses market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global pulses market?
- What are the major end-use segments in the global pulses market?
- What are the key product types in the global pulses market?
- What are the price trends of pulses?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global pulses market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global pulses market?
- What is the structure of the global pulses market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global pulses market?
- What are the profit margins in the global pulses market?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a pulses processing plant?
- How are lentils processed?
- How are chick peas processed?
- How are mung beans processed?
- How are black grams processed?
- How are pigeon peas processed?
- How are fava beans processed?
- How are kaspa peas processed?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a pulses processing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a pulses processing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a pulses processing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a pulses processing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for pulses?
- What are the transportation requirements for pulses?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a pulses processing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a pulses processing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a pulses processing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a pulses processing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a pulses processing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a pulses processing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?