The global rodenticides market size reached US$ 1.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6% during 2023-2028. The rising public health concern due to increasing vector-borne disease, widespread product utilization in the agriculture industry, and the recent development of bio-based rodenticides represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 1.1 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 1.4 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Rodenticides refer to chemical substances designed to kill or repel rodents, such as mice, rats, squirrels, gerbils, and porcupines. Anticoagulants, acute toxicants, non-toxic, and natural rodenticides are some commonly used types of rodenticides. They are commercially manufactured using synthetic chemicals, plant extracts, bacteria, molasses, gelatin, solvents, emulsifiers, surfactants, and preservatives. They function by impairing the rodent’s nervous system and interfering with its ability to clot blood, which causes internal bleeding, seizures, and quick death. Rodenticides are widely used in households, commercial buildings, parks, public gardens, farms, warehouses, food storage, and manufacturing facilities. They are cost-effective, versatile, and highly efficient chemicals that offer long-lasting protection, eliminate the need for frequent reapplications, and minimize adverse environmental impacts. They also aid in controlling rodent populations, preventing disease transmission, improving public health, protecting crops, and increasing food safety.
Rodenticides Market Trends:
The rising public health concern due to the increasing number of vector-borne diseases is one of the primary factors creating a positive outlook for the market growth. Rodenticides are widely used to eliminate rodent species that act as vectors for various diseases, such as hantavirus, salmonellosis, leptospirosis, Lassa fever, plague, murine typhus, rat-bite fever, and Lyme disease. In addition to this, the increasing damage caused by rodent attacks to properties, food storages, warehouses, and electrical installations is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization in the agriculture industry to prevent contamination, minimize economic loss, and protect various crops, such as corn, wheat, soybeans, grains, seeds, and hay, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the recent development of bio-based rodenticides that are safe, eco-friendly, non-toxic, and manufactured using natural ingredients, such as bacteria, plant extracts, and peptides, is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the introduction of second-generation anticoagulant rodenticides, which are more potent, require a lower dose, provide long-lasting effects, and reduce the risk of environmental contamination and non-target animal exposure, is favoring the market growth. Moreover, the implementation of various government initiatives to ensure public safety and promote the development of highly effective rodenticides is supporting the market growth. Other factors, including emerging new rodent species, the increasing resistance against existing rodenticides, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the rising adoption of integrated pest management (IPM) practices, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global rodenticides market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, application, and end-use.
- Non-Anticoagulant Rodenticides
- Zinc phosphide
- Anticoagulant Rodenticides
- First-Generation Anticoagulants
- Second-Generation Anticoagulants
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the rodenticides market based on the type. This includes non-anticoagulant rodenticides (bromethalin, cholecalciferol, zinc phosphide, and strychnine) and anticoagulant rodenticides (first-generation anticoagulants (warfarin, chlorophacinone, diphacinone, and coumatetralyl) and second-generation anticoagulants (difenacoum, brodifacoum, flocoumafen, and bromadiolone)). According to the report, anticoagulant rodenticides represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rodenticides market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes pellets, sprays, and powders. According to the report, powders accounted for the largest market share.
- Agricultural Fields
- Urban Centres
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rodenticides market based on the end-use has also been provided in the report. This includes agricultural fields, warehouses, and urban centres (residential and commercial). According to the report, agricultural fields accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for rodenticides. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific rodenticides market included rising public safety concerns, increasing government initiatives, and various product innovations.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global rodenticides market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Anticimex, BASF SE, Bell Laboratories Inc., Ecoclear Products Inc., Impex Europa S.L, J.T. Eaton & Co. Inc., Liphatech Inc., Neogen Corporation, PelGar International Ltd., Syngenta AG, UPL Limited, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Rodenticides Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Non-Anticoagulant Rodenticides: Bromethalin, Cholecalciferol, Zinc phosphide, Strychnine,
- Anticoagulant Rodenticides: First-Generation Anticoagulants Warfarin, Chlorophacinone, Diphacinone, Coumatetralyl
- Second-Generation Anticoagulants: Difenacoum, Brodifacoum, Flocoumafen, Bromadiolone
||Pellets, Sprays, Powders
- Agricultural Fields
- Urban Centres: Residential, Commercial
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Anticimex, BASF SE, Bell Laboratories Inc., Ecoclear Products Inc., Impex Europa S.L, J.T. Eaton & Co. Inc., Liphatech Inc., Neogen Corporation, PelGar International Ltd., Syngenta AG, UPL Limited, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global rodenticides market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global rodenticides market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global rodenticides market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive rodenticides market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the rodenticides market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the rodenticides market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end-use?
- Which is the most attractive end-use in the rodenticides market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global rodenticides market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global rodenticides market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the rodenticides market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global rodenticides market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the rodenticides industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.