The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Saline Solution: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the India saline solution market size reached US$ 518 Million in 2021. Saline solution is a mixture of sodium chloride, electrolytes, and water. It is widely used to clean wounds, remove and store contact lenses, and treat dry eyes. It is also given intravenously according to the medical requirements, age, and body size to administer drugs and essential nutrients in the body when a patient is unable to consume the same orally. In addition, it restores the fluid volume in the body and maintains electrolyte balance. Owing to these properties, saline solution is widely utilized across hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and home care centers.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Saline Solution Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of chronic disorders, such as cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), neurological disorders, and cancer, that require surgeries and hospitalization. In addition, the rising incidences of hyponatremia, also known as sodium deficiency among the geriatric population, are contributing to market growth. Besides this, individuals are widely participating in physical activities that can cause chronic dehydration, fatigue, and appetite loss. This, coupled with the increasing consumer consciousness toward early disease detection and effective treatment, is escalating the demand for saline solutions. Moreover, the implementation of favorable initiatives undertaken by the Government of India to increase saline production and the introduction of easy-to-use, portable saline solutions that can be used as drips in homecare settings are also creating a positive market outlook across the country. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 925 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 10.0% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been classified into normal saline, ringer’s lactate solution, dextrose, and others.
- On the basis of the packaging type, the market has been segmented into 100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml, and 1000 ml.
- Based on the end use, the market has been segregated into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, home care centers, others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into IV drips, nasal drops, cleaning wounds, eye drops, NaCL inhalation, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been divided into North India, South India, West and Central India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Abaris Healthcare, Aculife Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. (Nirma Chemical Works Pvt Ltd.), Albert David limited, Althea Pharma, Amanta Healthcare, B Braun India Pvt. Ltd., Eurolife Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Fresenius Kabi India Pvt. Ltd. (Fresenius Kabi AG) and Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800