The global scientific and technical publication market size reached US$ 11.8 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 13.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 1.54% during 2023-2028. The widespread adoption of scientific and technical publications across universities to gain in-depth knowledge regarding inventions, discoveries, novel technologies, and their applications in agriculture, botanical and environmental sciences, and aerospace represents some of the key factors driving the market.
Scientific and technical (S&T) publication is a range of science, engineering, and technology-based published articles, information, and documents in journals, online services, e-books, and thesis formats. It encompasses in-depth content regarding diverse areas, including physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, space sciences, clinical medicine, biomedical research, and engineering. These publications are composed by independent scholars and scientific researchers after analyzing original articles, case reports, narratives, systematic reviews, interviews, pictorial representations, and editorial commentaries. Scientific and technical publications help design research plans and projects based on unanswered questions, understand existing theories, and improve critical thinking abilities and knowledge of scientific facts. Consequently, these publications find extensive utilization across industries, such as education, aerospace and defense.
Scientific and Technical Publication Market Trends:
The widespread adoption of scientific and technical publications across educational institutions and universities represents one of the key factors driving the market growth. Additionally, the steadily expanding publishing sector is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. In line with this, there is an increasing amount of literature that is being published pertaining to scientific and technical knowledge, which is contributing to the market growth. The steadily rising popularity of digital publications as compared to print publications is also driving the market toward growth. This was further facilitated during the sudden outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic which propelled the digital dissemination of scientific knowledge significantly, thus contributing to the market growth. The market is also driven by the increasing initiatives to make scientific and technical publications open access (OA). Such endeavors ensure free and widespread dispersal of scientific and technical skills, expertise and crucial information in various forms, such as research papers, journal articles and conference proceedings. In line with this, an increasing number of e-journal publications and hosting of webinars on subjects of scientific importance are contributing to the market growth. Other factors, such as the increasing penetration of high-speed internet, affordable costs of print publications, rising number of establishments and institutes focusing on scientific and technical research, the allocation of increased budgets to the science and technology sector by governments of various nations, and extensive research and development activities, are creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global scientific and technical publication market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product and end user.
- Online Services
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of scientific and technical publication market based on the product. This includes books, journals, e-books, and online services. According to the report, journals represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the scientific and technical publication market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes students and professionals. According to the report, students accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for scientific and technical publications. Some of the factors driving the North America scientific and technical publication market included growing popularity of digital publications, allocation of increased budgets to the science and technology sector, and extensive research and development activities.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global scientific and technical publication market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include ACTA Press, Canadian Science Publishing, Elsevier (RELX plc), Informa PLC, John Wiley & Sons Inc., Springer Science+Business Media, Wolters Kluwer N.V., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ACTA Press, Canadian Science Publishing, Elsevier (RELX plc), Informa PLC, John Wiley & Sons Inc., Springer Science+Business Media, Wolters Kluwer N.V., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global scientific and technical publication market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global scientific and technical publication market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive scientific and technical publication markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global scientific and technical publication market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global scientific and technical publication market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the scientific and technical publication market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global scientific and technical publication market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the scientific and technical publication industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.