The global seed coating market size reached US$ 2.4 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% during 2023-2028. The declining rates of arable land, the growing imbalance between demand and supply, and the increasing demand for sustainable agriculture represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Seed coating is the application of a protective layer of material to a seed, which is intended to provide protection from pests, pathogens, and environmental conditions. It is generally manufactured from a variety of materials, such as waxes, polymers, minerals, and chemicals. It is applied to seeds before or after planting and may be either temporary or permanent. It involves covering seeds with different types of crop protection elements, including insecticides, fungicides, and other non-chemical and biological agents. Some of the main components employed in the seed coating process are binders, seed planting lubricants, seed-applied fertilizers, and adjuvants that are applied directly to the seed or as a part of a multi-layered coating. They help to reduce seed losses due to predation, improve germination, reduce seed-borne infection, and prevent abrasion. Additionally, they are also used to enhance the physical characteristics of the seed and provide a controlled release of nutrients and other materials that depends on the intended use and the nature of the seed.
Seed Coating Market Trends:
The declining rates of the arable land area majorly drives the global market. This is supported by the growing imbalance between demand and supply for agricultural products across the globe due to the rising incidences of seed diseases and changing environmental conditions leading to decreased crop yields. To counter this, the use of seed coatings has been gaining traction as applying seed coatings improves the performance and germination of the seed, thus impacting the market favorably. As the agriculture industry continues to become more advanced along with the increasing awareness among farmers regarding the benefits of seed coating, the demand for seed coating is rising on the global level. Apart from this, the shifting preference toward sustainable practices is also positively influencing the market since seed coating provides an effective solution for declining the amount of water and fertilizer needed for crops, thus helping improving the quality of the soil and crop. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of precision agriculture techniques involving measuring, monitoring, and controlling crop production is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors driving the market include rapid industrialization and continuous technological advancements.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global seed coating market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on additive type, process, and crop type.
Additive Type Insights:
- Active Ingredients
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the seed coating market based on the additive type. This includes polymers, colorants, pellets, binders, active ingredients, and others. According to the report, polymers represented the largest segment.
- Film Coating
A detailed breakup and analysis of the seed coating market based on the process has also been provided in the report. This includes film coating, encrusting, and pelleting. According to the report, film coating accounted for the largest market share.
Crop Type Insights:
- Cereals and Grains
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Flowers and Ornamentals
- Oilseeds and Pulses
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the seed coating market based on the crop type. This includes cereals and grains, fruits and vegetables, flowers and ornamentals, oilseeds and pulses, and others. According to the report, cereals and grains represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for seed coating. Some of the factors driving the North America seed coating market included continual technological advancements, high agriculture expenditure, favorable government regulations etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global seed coating market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include BASF SE, Brett-Young Seeds Limited, Centor Oceania, Chromatech Incorporated, Cistronics, Innovations Pvt. Ltd., Croda International plc, Germains Seed Technology, Precision Laboratories LLC, Sensient Colors LLC (Sensient Technologies Corporation), and Solvay, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Additive Types Covered
||Polymers, Colorants, Pellets, Binders, Active Ingredients, Others
||Film Coating, Encrusting, Pelleting
|Crop Types Covered
||Cereals and Grains, Fruits and Vegetables, Flowers and Ornamentals, Oilseeds and Pulses, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BASF SE, Brett-Young Seeds Limited, Centor Oceania, Chromatech Incorporated, Cistronics, Innovations Pvt. Ltd., Croda International plc, Germains Seed Technology, Precision Laboratories LLC, Sensient Colors LLC (Sensient Technologies Corporation), and Solvay, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global seed coating market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global seed coating market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global seed coating market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive seed coating market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the additive type?
- Which is the most attractive additive type in the seed coating market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the process?
- Which is the most attractive process in the seed coating market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the crop type?
- Which is the most attractive crop type in the seed coating market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global seed coating market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global seed coating market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the seed coating market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global seed coating market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the seed coating industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.