The global smart greenhouse market size reached US$ 1.74 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.23 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.60% during 2023-2028. The rising consumer preferences for organic food, increasing utilization of vertical farming technology, and supportive government initiatives represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A smart greenhouse is an advanced concept encompassing a traditional greenhouse equipped with cutting-edge sensors and communications systems to continuously monitor, gather, and deliver data on the surroundings and crops. The collected data is fed into a platform where analytical algorithms convert it into actionable insights to uncover potential problems and analyze crop disease and infection risks. It helps optimize plant growth by regulating temperature, heat, humidity, and light automatically, as well as on demand. It provides a self-regulated controlled environment that allows crops to reach the harvesting stage faster while retaining the maximum nutrients. It also controls moisture in the soil to automatically supplement all crops with precise quantities of water. Since it aids farmers in reducing labor work, improving resource and chemical use efficiency, and optimizing yield rates with minimal human and climate interference, the smart greenhouse is rapidly gaining popularity across the globe.
Smart Greenhouse Market Trends:
Smart greenhouses assist in enhancing the productivity of farmers and producing better farming outcomes. As a result, the surging awareness regarding the ease of crop monitoring, cultivation, and harvesting associated with smart greenhouses represents one of the key factors driving the market growth. Besides this, the rising consumer preferences for organic food and the escalating demand for high-value crops are other major growth-inducing factors. In addition, governments of various countries are taking favorable initiatives to promote the uptake of smart agricultural practices due to the surging food demand, declining arable land, and increasing water shortage. Along with this, heavy investments in the modernization of the agriculture sector, especially in developing nations, coupled with the rising adoption of indoor farming in urban areas, are contributing to market growth. Furthermore, the leading players are offering integrated products and introducing new smart greenhouse variants embedded with various novel features and technologies to provide higher visibility and automation. In line with this, the surging adoption of the internet of things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI) by farmers and agriculturalists have propelled market growth. Other factors, including the growing popularity of vertical farming technology, increasing environmental concerns among the masses, continual technological advancements, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are also anticipated to create a positive outlook for the global market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global smart greenhouse market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, offering, and end user.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the smart greenhouse market based on the type. This includes hydroponic and non-hydroponic. According to the report, hydroponic represented the largest segment.
- HVAC Systems
- LED Grow Lights
- Irrigation System
- Valves and Pumps
- Sensor and Control System
A detailed breakup and analysis of the smart greenhouse market based on the offering has also been provided in the report. This includes hardware (HVAC systems, LED grow lights, irrigation system, valves and pumps, sensor and control system, and others), software, and services. According to the report, hardware accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Commercial Growers
- Research and Educational Institutes
- Retail Gardens
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the smart greenhouse market based on the end user. This includes commercial growers, research and educational institutes, retail gardens, and others. According to the report, research and educational institutes represented the largest segment.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for smart greenhouse. Some of the factors driving the Europe smart greenhouse market included the rapid growth in the agriculture industry, increasing penetration of advanced farming practices and technologies, rising demand for highly nutritious and organic food, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global smart greenhouse market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Argus Control Systems Limited (Conviron), Certhon, Heliospectra AB, Netafim (Orbia), Sensaphone, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
- Hardware: HVAC Systems, LED Grow Lights, Irrigation System, Valves and Pumps, Sensor and Control System, Others
|End Users Covered
||Commercial Growers, Research and Educational Institutes, Retail Gardens, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Argus Control Systems Limited (Conviron), Certhon, Heliospectra AB, Netafim (Orbia), Sensaphone, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global smart greenhouse market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global smart greenhouse market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global smart greenhouse market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive smart greenhouse market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the smart greenhouse market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the offering?
- Which is the most attractive offering in the smart greenhouse market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the smart greenhouse market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global smart greenhouse market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global smart greenhouse market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the smart greenhouse market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global smart greenhouse market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the smart greenhouse industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.