According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "India Soap Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the India soap market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during 2023-2028. Soap is a common household item that is used for personal hygiene and cleaning purposes. It is produced from a combination of fats, oils, and alkalis, such as sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide. The chemical reaction that occurs when these ingredients are mixed together is called saponification, which produces soap. It can be formulated with various ingredients to provide different benefits. Some of the soaps include glycerin, shea butter, or coconut oil to help prevent skin dryness. Besides this, it is also formulated with exfoliating ingredients, including oatmeal or pumice, to help remove dead skin cells and promote smoother skin.
India Soap Market Trends:
The market in India is primarily driven by the increasing preference for maintaining personal hygiene among individuals. Coupled with the rising need to prevent body odor and the growth of bacteria, this is also providing a boost to the sales of soaps across the country. Apart from this, the widespread availability of soaps in numerous fragrances and colors is catalyzing the demand. Moreover, easy product availability via online and offline organized distribution channels and the advent of home delivery models are creating a positive market outlook. Along with this, the introduction of medicated soaps, which are widely used by surgeons and nurses to sanitize their hands before performing surgeries, is positively influencing the market. Additionally, numerous leading players are heavily investing in the launching of organic soaps due to an enhanced focus on sustainable development. Furthermore, the development of aggressive marketing strategies, celebrity endorsements, promotional campaigns and innovative packaging solutions are significantly supporting the product demand.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been categorized into organic and conventional. Presently, the conventional type represented the largest segment.
- Based on the form, the market has been segmented into liquid, solid and others. Currently, solid form accounts for the largest market share.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been bifurcated into bath, kitchen, medicated, laundry and other soaps. Among these, bath soap is leading the market segment.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies, online stores and others. Convenience stores are presently dominating the overall market .
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India and East India. West and Central India currently hold the largest market position.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Colgate Palmolive (India) Ltd., Godrej Consumer Products Limited, Himalaya Wellness Company, Hindustan Unilever Limited, ITC Limited, Jyothy laboratories Ltd., Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited, Patanjali Ayurved Limited, Reckitt Benckiser (India) Ltd., Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Form, Product, Distribution Channel, Region
||North India, West and Central India, South India, East India
||Colgate Palmolive (India) Ltd, Godrej Consumer Products Limited, Himalaya Wellness Company, Hindustan Unilever Limited, ITC Limited, Jyothy Laboratories Ltd, Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited, Patanjali Ayurved Limited, Reckitt Benckiser (India) Ltd, and Wipro Consumer Care & Lighting
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 2999
Corporate License: US$ 3499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800