The global sodium lactate market size reached US$ 278.58 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 450.73 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.62% during 2023-2028. The rising product applications in the healthcare industry, increasing usage in cosmetics and personal care items, and escalating demand from the food and beverage (F&B) sector represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 278.58 Million
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 450.73 Million
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Sodium lactate is the organic sodium salt of racemic or inactive lactic acid with alkalinizing and electrolyte-replenishing properties. It is obtained by fermentation of a sugar source, such as corn and beets, and then by neutralizing the resulting lactic acid to produce a compound with the formula NaC3H5O3. It appears as a colorless to yellowish substance, which is nearly odorless and has a mild salty taste. It is a hygroscopic agent used intravenously as a systemic and urinary alkalizer. It is also utilized as a food additive and preservative, humectant, bulking agent, and emulsifier. At present, sodium lactate finds extensive applications across numerous industries, including food and beverages (F&B), pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics and personal care.
Sodium Lactate Market Trends:
Due to its excellent antimicrobial and humectant properties, the increasing product usage as a pH regulator and moisturizer in various skin care products, such as soaps, lotions, and shampoos, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. This is further strengthened by the growing consumer awareness regarding personal hygiene, improving living standards, and inflating purchasing power. In addition, there is a rise in the use of sodium lactate in the food industry as a stabilizer and seasoning to prolong the shelf life and improve the flavors of food items, including pork, chicken, beef, seafood, and other meat items. Along with this, the surging product adoption in beverages, such as ready-to-drink (RTD) tea and coffee, carbonated soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, and syrups, has catalyzed market growth. Furthermore, there has been widespread product adoption as an over-the-counter (OTC) medicine and a nonpyrogenic, sterile, and concentrated solution in injections. In line with this, the rising healthcare applications of sodium lactate as an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) in IV fluids and the dialysis of chronic kidney diseases (CKD) have propelled market growth. Besides this, the growing utilization of sodium lactate as a retarder and water-reducer in concrete and the emerging textile applications as a sequestering agent for numerous heavy metal ions have augmented the product demand. Other factors, including the escalating sales of cosmetics and personal care items, increasing product adoption in leather treatment solutions, and rising applications as an acidity regulator, are also creating a favorable outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global sodium lactate market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on form, application, and end user.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the sodium lactate market based on the form. This includes powder and liquid. According to the report, liquid represented the largest segment.
- Bulking Agent
- Flavor Enhancer
A detailed breakup and analysis of the sodium lactate market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes bulking agent, anti-oxidant, emulsifier, flavor enhancer, and others. According to the report, anti-oxidant accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Food and Beverages
A detailed breakup and analysis of the sodium lactate market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, food and beverages and others. According to the report, cosmetics accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for sodium lactate. Some of the factors driving the North America sodium lactate market included its rapidly expanding healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, growing product demand from the cosmetics and personal care sector, elevating income levels of individuals, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global sodium lactate market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include abcr GmbH, Cambridge Isotope Laboratories Inc. (Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.), Corbion N.V., Dr. Paul Lohmann GmbH & Co. KGaA, Finetech Industry Limited, Foodchem International Corporation, Henan Jindan Lactic Acid Technology Co. Ltd., Jiaan Biotech, Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG, Loba Chemie Pvt. Ltd., Luoyang Longmen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Merck KGaA, Qingdao Dawei Biological Engineering Co. Ltd., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Sodium Lactate Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
||Bulking Agent, Anti-Oxidant, Emulsifier, Flavor Enhancer, Others
|End Users Covered
||Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverages, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||abcr GmbH, Cambridge Isotope Laboratories Inc. (Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.), Corbion N.V., Dr. Paul Lohmann GmbH & Co. KGaA, Finetech Industry Limited, Foodchem International Corporation, Henan Jindan Lactic Acid Technology Co. Ltd., Jiaan Biotech, Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG, Loba Chemie Pvt. Ltd., Luoyang Longmen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Merck KGaA, Qingdao Dawei Biological Engineering Co. Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global sodium lactate market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global sodium lactate market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global sodium lactate market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive sodium lactate market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the form?
- Which is the most attractive form in the sodium lactate market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the sodium lactate market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the sodium lactate market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global sodium lactate market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global sodium lactate market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the sodium lactate market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global sodium lactate market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the sodium lactate industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.