The South India packed cupcakes market reached a value of around US$ 49.4 Million in 2018. The market value is further expected to reach US$ 95.7 Million by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.5% during 2019-2024. Packed cupcakes have longer shelf-life as compared to freshly-baked products. Hence, they have wide availability through various retail stores. Packed cupcakes contain several flavors such as vanilla, pineapple, chocolate, strawberry, etc.
South India Packed Cupcake Market Drivers:
- The bakery industry in India is currently witnessing strong growth rates due to the increasing disposable incomes of people, westernization of culture and their changing palatability.
- Packed cupcakes offer great convenience in consumption.
- Manufacturers are including healthy ingredients in their cupcake products in order to gain competitive advantage.
- Continuous innovation in flavors and added ingredients are further expanding the consumer base of cupcakes.
- Based on states, the market has been segmented into Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and others.
- Based on the shelf-life, the market has been segmented into long shelf-life and short shelf-life cupcakes. Currently, cupcakes with long shelf-life dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- By weight, the market has been segmented into light-, medium- and heavy-weight cupcakes. Currently, light weight cupcakes dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- By filling, the market has been segmented as plain cupcakes and flavored cupcakes.
- On the basis of flavors, the market has been segmented into chocolate, vanilla, pineapple and others. Currently, chocolate flavored cupcakes dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- Between the with egg and eggless varieties, cupcakes with egg dominate the market.
- Based on wraps, the market is segmented into paper and aluminium foil.
- Among the packaging types, metallized BOPP holds the largest share, followed by transparent BOPP.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Britannia, Delicia, Elite Foods, Winkies, etc.
This report provides a deep insight into the South India packed cupcakes market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, Porter’s five forces analysis, competitive structure, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the cupcake market in South India in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the South India cupcakes market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the South India packed cupcakes industry?
- What are the major product types by weight in the South India packed cupcakes industry?
- What are the major product types by flavor in the South India packed cupcakes industry?
- What are the popular flavors in the South India packed cupcakes industry?
- What are the key packaging types in the South India packed cupcakes industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the South India packed cupcakes industry?
- What is the structure of the South India packed cupcakes industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the South India packed cupcakes industry?