According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Indian Sports and Fitness Goods Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the Indian sports and fitness goods market size reached US$ 2,094.5 Million in 2022. Sports and fitness goods involve equipment and clothing required for engaging in sports and workout activities. These items provide various benefits, such as enhancing flexibility and muscle strength, improving cardiovascular and pulmonary health, and maintaining overall body fitness. Sports and fitness goods include different tools and safety gear for athletes, such as athletic shoes, helmets, safety pads, safety guards, protective eyewear, and mouth guards, which are specially designed to provide ease of movement and prevent sport-related injuries. Apart from this, these equipment and apparels are essential as they help meet the rules and regulations of a particular sport and enhance the performance of athletes.
Global Indian Sports and Fitness Goods Market Trends:
Expanding prevalence of lifestyle diseases, such as type-2 diabetes, stroke, obesity, cardiovascular disorders (CVDs), heart disease, and atherosclerosis, is inciting an increasing number of people in India to focus on their health. This, in turn, has resulted in a rise in the number of gyms and fitness centers in the country, which is primarily driving the sports and fitness goods market growth. In line with this, facilities, such as gyms, swimming pools, and sports courts, are providing free access to their services, encouraging people to participate in physical activities, which is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Moreover, escalating popularity of unconventional fitness activities, such as aerobics, Zumba, trekking, ice skating, and kickboxing, among the young population is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, emerging fitness trends, combined with the penetration of aggressive promotional campaigns by manufacturers across different social media channels, are propelling the market growth. Other factors, such as ongoing innovations and advancements in manufacturing technologies and the launch of smart tennis racquets, speed training equipment, motorized treadmills, and fitness bands, are presenting lucrative opportunities for the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 3,214.5 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.7% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market is segregated into balls, fitness goods, adventure sports, golf, and other goods. At present, fitness goods represent the most popular product type.
- Based on fitness goods, the market has been bifurcated into cardiovascular and strength training goods. Amongst these, cardiovascular training goods account for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of cardiovascular training goods, the market has been divided into treadmills, stationary bikes, rowing machines, ellipticals, and others. Treadmills currently exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the end-use, the market is categorized into health clubs/gyms, home consumers, hotels and corporate offices, hospitals, medical centers, and public institutions, and others. Currently, health clubs/gyms hold the leading market share.
- On a regional basis, the market is segmented into West and Central, North, South, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Cosco (India) Limited, Nivia Sports Private Limited (Freewill Sports Pvt. Ltd.), Bhalla International – Vinex Sports, Sareen Sports Industries, and Sansparelis Greenland Private Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Fitness Goods, Cardiovascular Training Goods, End-Use, Region
||West and Central India, North India, South India, East India
||Cosco (India) Limited, Nivia Sports Private Limited (Freewill Sports Pvt. Ltd.), Bhalla International – Vinex Sports, Sareen Sports Industries and Sansparelis Greenland Private Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800