The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Sunflower Oil Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the India sunflower oil market size is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.6% during 2022-2027. Sunflower or Helianthus is a widely cultivated crop, popular for its seeds, flower, and oil extraction. Sunflower oil is obtained from the sunflower plant seeds and is one of the most consumed edible oils across India. It is rich in oleic acid, linoleic acid, and other essential nutrients that lower bad cholesterol levels in the human body. It is generally used as a cooking and frying oil in a wide variety of cuisines. Sunflower oil also finds application in manufacturing vegan mayonnaise, cheese, spreads, and cosmetic products. Besides this, the domestic production of the oil is limited in the country, making Ukraine the largest exporter of sunflower oil to India.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Sunflower Oil Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by increasing consciousness about health and wellness among consumers. In addition, the numerous health benefits associated with the consumption of sunflower oil, along with its high heating point, is significantly increasing their demand across the country. Sunflower oil improves the immune system, reduces cholesterol and enhances heart health. Besides this, rapid urbanization and fast-paced lifestyles have resulted in unhealthy eating habits of individuals. As a result, they are shifting to edible oils like sunflower oil fortified with essential vitamins and minerals to support healthy bodily functions and reduce the chances of chronic diseases like cardiovascular disorders and obesity. This is creating positive opportunities for the leading players operative in the industry. Moreover, key manufacturers are developing vegan products derived from sunflower oil, thus propelling their demand among the vegetarian and vegan populace. These factors are expected to provide a favourable market outlook in the near future.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into linoleic, mid oleic, and high oleic oils.
- On the basis of the packaging type, the market has been classified into pouches, jars, cans, and bottles.
- The market has been categorized based on the package size into less than 1 litre, 1 litres, 1-5 litres, 5-10 litres, and 10 litres and above.
- On the basis of domestic manufacturing/imports, the market has been bifurcated into domestic manufacturing and imports.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into household cooking, HoReCa, food processing industry, personal care industry, and other industrial uses.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into direct/institutional sales, supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, East India, and South India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with the detailed profiles of the key players operative in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145
Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331
Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800