The global tactical data link market size reached US$ 7.75 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 11.67 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.98% during 2023-2028. The rising demand for a secure network to transmit data, the implementation of supportive government policies, and the integration of fifth-generation (5G) communication technology represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Tactical data link (TDL) refers to a communication system that facilitates the exchange of information between military platforms and units in a tactical environment. It is comprised of several components, such as processors, transmitters and receivers, cryptographic equipment, user terminals, antennas, and data protocols. TDL is widely used for command and control messaging, maritime operations, air defense, enemy targeting and engagement, electronic warfare (EW), close air support, search and rescue, and coalition operations. It enhances situational awareness, promotes better coordination and collaboration between military forces, increases operational effectiveness, improves mission safety, and minimizes the risk of fratricide incidents. TDL also ensures rapid and accurate data exchange, which aids in real-time decision-making, maintaining operational tempo, reducing communication latency, and improving intelligence integration.
Tactical Data Link Market Trends:
The rising demand for a secure network to transmit data at faster speeds among military organizations is one of the primary factors providing a thrust to the market growth. A tactical data link is a highly encrypted communication system that facilitates seamless data exchange between ground assets, aircraft, submarines, ships, command posts, ground vehicles, and unmanned system, which enhances interoperability, increase personnel safety, and improves operational effectiveness. In addition to this, the rapid military modernization activities owing to the rising defense expenditure are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the implementation of supportive policies by several governments across the globe to improve military capabilities and maintain a technological edge over adversaries is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the utilization of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to improve the analysis and processing of TDL data, extract actionable insights, and aid in intelligent decision-making is positively influencing the market growth. Apart from this, the integration of fifth-generation (5G) communications technology, which reduces latency, ensures high-speed data transfer, enhances network reliability, and improves overall data security, is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the widespread adoption of TDL to facilitate real-time data exchange, improve collaboration between military assets, and increase battlefield understandings, owing to the growing demand for network-centric warfare, is supporting the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing border conflicts among countries, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the rising complexity of operational environments, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global tactical data link market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, data link type, formulation, and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the tactical data link market based on the component. This includes hardware and software. According to the report, hardware represented the largest segment.
Data Link Type Insights:
- Link 11
- Link 16
- Link 22
A detailed breakup and analysis of the tactical data link market based on the data link type has also been provided in the report. This includes link 11, link 16, link 22, and others. According to the report, link 16 accounted for the largest market share.
- Rotary Wing
- Fixed Wing
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
- Ground Control Station (GCS)
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs)
- Unmanned Systems
A detailed breakup and analysis of the tactical data link market based on the formulation has also been provided in the report. This includes air-based (rotary wing, fixed wing, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)), land-based (ground control station (GCS), vehicles, soldiers, and unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs)), sea-based (ships, unmanned systems, and submarines), and weapon-based. According to the report, land-based accounted for the largest market share.
- Command and Control (C2)
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR)
- Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Radio Communication
A detailed breakup and analysis of the tactical data link market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes command and control (C2) (residential and non-residential), intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR), electronic warfare (EW), radio communication, and others. According to the report, command and control (C2) accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for tactical data link. Some of the factors driving the North America tactical data link market included growing border tensions among countries, rapid military modernization activities, and significant technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global tactical data link market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include BAE Systems, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Elbit Systems Ltd., General Dynamics Corporation, Honeywell International Inc, L3Harris Technologies Inc, Leidos, Leonardo S.p.A, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Thales Group, Viasat Inc, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Tactical Data Link Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Data Link Type
|Data Link Types Covered
||Link 11, Link 16, Link 22, Others
||• Air-Based: Rotary Wing, Fixed Wing, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
• Land-Based: Ground Control Station (GCS), Vehicles, Soldiers, Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs)
• Sea-Based: Ships, Unmanned Systems, Submarines
| Applications Covered
||• Command and Control (C2): Residential, Non-residential
• Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR)
• Electronic Warfare (EW)
• Radio Communication
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BAE Systems, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Elbit Systems Ltd., General Dynamics Corporation, Honeywell International Inc, L3Harris Technologies Inc, Leidos, Leonardo S.p.A, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Thales Group, Viasat Inc, etc
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global tactical data link market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global tactical data link market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global tactical data link market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive tactical data link market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- Which is the most attractive component in the tactical data link market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the data link type?
- Which is the most attractive data link type in the tactical data link market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on formulation?
- Which is the most attractive formulation in the tactical data link market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the tactical data link market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global tactical data link market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global tactical data link market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the tactical data link market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global tactical data link market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the tactical data link industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.