According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "India Tea Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the India tea market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2023-2028. Tea is a widely popular aromatic beverage that is processed from the leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant. It is prepared by pouring hot water over or boiling water with the cured, dried and crushed leaves of the plant. It is popularly cultivated in the hilly regions of Assam, Tripura, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Arunachal Pradesh across India. It is commonly available in numerous variants, including black, white, herbal, green and oolong tea. It is considered to be a healthy beverage due to the presence of numerous potassium, manganese, magnesium, minerals and calcium. Apart from this, it is also a rich source of potent antioxidants, polyphenols and caffeine. Since India is one of the largest producers and consumers of tea on the global level, tea is widely available as an affordable beverage that is consumed by the masses on a daily basis.
India Tea Market Trends:
The market in India is majorly driven by considerable growth in the food and beverages sector. With the rapid expansion of café culture across the country and the inflating disposable income levels of the masses, premium and exotic tea drinks are gaining widespread prominence among the urban population, which is providing an impetus to the market growth. Apart from this, the growing health-consciousness among individuals regarding the numerous health benefits offered by the regular consumption of tea is also acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Since it aids in reducing the cholesterol levels in the blood and helps facilitate healthy weight management while reducing stress levels, this is providing a boost to the sales of tea across the country. Moreover, numerous key players are now utilizing multi-layered packaging to minimize the chances of spoilage and adulteration while ensuring that the freshness and aroma of the product remain intact, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the widespread preference for herbal and green tea in India and easy product availability through online and offline organized retail channels.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into green tea, black tea, oolong tea, and others.
- Based on the packaging, the market has been classified into plastic containers, loose tea, paper boards, aluminium tin, tea bags, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, convenience stores, online stores, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into residential and commercial segments.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Duncans Industries Ltd., Hindustan Unilever Limited, Organic India Private Limited, Pataka Group, Society Tea, Tata Consumer Products Limited and Wagh Bakri Tea Group.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Packaging, Distribution Channel, Application, Region
|| North India, West and Central India, South India, East India
||Duncans Industries Ltd., Hindustan Unilever Limited, Organic India Private Limited, Pataka Group, Society Tea, Tata Consumer Products Limited and Wagh Bakri Tea Group
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal