The global technical textile market size reached US$ 195.08 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 262.60 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.99 % during 2023-2028. The increasing construction of residential and commercial buildings, rising prevalence of chronic diseases, and the growing utilization of technical textiles across different industry verticals represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Technical textiles are used for specific technical functions and applications beyond traditional clothing, aesthetics, and furnishing. They are lightweight, durable, robust, and resistant to abrasion and extreme climatic conditions. They exhibit waterproofing and breathability properties and protect against harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation. They are used in the manufacturing of airbags, composites, smart textiles, geotextiles, sensors, and wearable technology. They are also utilized in the aerospace, automotive, sports, construction, and agriculture industries. Besides this, as they have antimicrobial properties and reduce body odors, technical textiles find extensive applications in the healthcare sector in the production of medical implants and apparel, such as gowns, masks, and gloves.
Technical Textile Market Trends:
At present, rapid urbanization, expanding global population, and increasing construction and remodeling activities across residential and commercial sectors represent one of the primary factors stimulating market growth. Additionally, significant growth in the automotive industry and the widespread adoption of technical textiles in the manufacturing of lightweight vehicles with optimal fuel efficiency are offering lucrative opportunities to manufacturers. Technical textiles are employed in manufacturing numerous components of automobiles, which include air and oil filters, carpets, and battery separators. Along with this, the increasing sales of hybrid and electric vehicles (H/EVs) are driving product demand across the globe. Apart from this, the rising disposable medical clothes, along with the expansion of hospitals and healthcare centers worldwide, are contributing to market growth. Furthermore, the integration of advanced technologies in textile manufacturing procedures for the development of innovative technical textiles with more enhanced features is favoring market growth. Additionally, rising cases of construction site accidents and the growing prevalence of several infectious diseases are catalyzing the demand for personal protective equipment (PPE), which is offering a favorable market outlook. Moreover, rising environmental concerns are increasing the demand for sustainable and eco-friendly technical textiles across industries. Besides this, the growing participation of individuals in sports is resulting in the expanding product utilization. Furthermore, the rising focus of leading market players on strategic collaborations and mergers and acquisitions to expand their market reach and improve overall profitability is expected to propel the market growth in the coming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global technical textile market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on material, process, and application.
- Natural Fiber
- Synthetic Polymers/Fibers
- Polyether Sulfone (PES)
- Polyamide (PA)
- Polyacrylonitrile (PAN)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Mineral Fiber
- Glass Fiber
- Ceramic Fiber
- Regenerated Fiber
- Metal Fiber
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the technical textile market based on the material. This includes natural fiber [cotton wool, and others]; synthetic polymers/fibers [polyether sulfone (PES), polyamide (PA), polyacrylonitrile (PAN), polypropylene (PP), polyester, and others]; mineral fiber [asbestos, glass fiber and ceramic fiber]; regenerated fiber [rayon and acetate]; metal fiber; and others. According to the report, synthetic polymers/fibers represented the largest segment.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the technical textile market based on the process. This includes woven, non-woven, and others. According to the report, non-woven accounted for the largest market share.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the technical textile market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes MobilTech, InduTech, SporTech, BuildTech, HomeTech, ClothTech, MediTech, AgroTech, ProTech, PackTech, GeoTech, and OekoTech. According to the report, MobilTech accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for technical textile. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific technical textile market included rapid industrialization, availability of low cost raw materials, rising awareness among individuals about the benefits offered by technical textile, such as durability, flexibility, and strength, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global technical textile market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include 3M Company, Asahi Kasei Advance Corporation (Asahi Kasei Corporation), Baltex, Barry Global Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Duvaltex Inc., Freudenberg & Co. KG, Hindustan Mills Limited, HUESKER Synthetic GmbH, Huntsman Corporation, Milliken & Company, SKAPS Industries, SRF Limited (Kama Holdings Ltd.), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Natural Fiber: Cotton, Wool, Others
- Synthetic Polymers/Fibers: Polyether Sulfone (PES), Polyamide (PA), Polyacrylonitrile (PAN), Polypropylene (PP), Polyester, Others
- Mineral Fiber: Asbestos, Glass Fiber, Ceramic Fiber
- Regenerated Fiber: Rayon, Acetate
- Metal Fiber
||Woven, Non-woven, Others
||MobilTech, InduTech, SporTech, BuildTech, HomeTech, ClothTech, MediTech, AgroTech, ProTech, PackTech, GeoTech, OekoTech
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3M Company, Asahi Kasei Advance Corporation (Asahi Kasei Corporation), Baltex, Barry Global Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Duvaltex Inc., Freudenberg & Co. KG, Hindustan Mills Limited, HUESKER Synthetic GmbH, Huntsman Corporation, Milliken & Company, SKAPS Industries, SRF Limited (Kama Holdings Ltd.), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global technical textile market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global technical textile market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global technical textile market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive technical textile market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- Which is the most attractive material in the technical textile market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the process?
- Which is the most attractive process in the technical textile market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the technical textile market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global technical textile market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global technical textile market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the technical textile market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global technical textile market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the technical textile industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.