The global tomato processing market reached a volume of 43.8 Million Tons in 2020. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to exhibit moderate growth during 2021-2026. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end-use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Tomatoes are fruits that originated in Central and western South America. They belong to the nightshade family and are a rich source of folate, potassium, antioxidant lycopene, and vitamin C and K. They offer numerous health benefits like aiding digestion, preventing cancer, protecting against sunburns, and maintaining heart health, blood pressure, as well as blood glucose levels in people with diabetes. At present, around 80% of the tomatoes produced around the world are freshly consumed, whereas the remaining 20% are employed in the tomato processing industry for preparing purees, soups, tomato ketchup, pickles, juices, and sauces.
Earlier, the consumption of processed tomato products was mostly confined to western countries. However, with the increasing westernization of food patterns and the rising middle-class population, the consumption of processed tomato products in developing countries is growing at a significant rate. Fast food chains currently represent one of the leading end users of these products around the world. This can be attributed to the increasing urbanization and inflating income level of consumers worldwide. Apart from this, processed tomato products are packed in multi-layer-flexible plastic bags or tetra packs to extend their shelf life, which makes them suitable for consumers who do not have access to fresh tomatoes. Moreover, there are various types of processed tomato products available in the market, which cater to the varied tastes and preferences of consumers.
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global tomato processing market report, along with forecasts for growth at the global, regional and country-level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, product type and distribution channel.
Breakup by Product Type:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Breakup by Region:
The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the industry. Some of these players are:
Processed tomatoes are utilized in the preparation of numerous ready-to-eat (RTE) food products. The escalating demand for these products on account of hectic schedules, rapid urbanization and increasing per capita income levels represent one of the key factors impelling the market growth.
Consistent development in the packaging of processed tomato products ensures safe distribution and longer shelf life. This represents one of the significant trends in the industry.
Due to the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), there is a rise in demand for processed tomato products as they are easy to use and store.
The global tomato processing market reached a volume of 43.8 Million Tons in 2020.
According to the estimates by IMARC Group, the global tomato processing market will exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into sauces, paste, canned tomatoes, ketchup, juice and others.
Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into business-to-business (B2B) and retail market (supermarkets/hypermarkets, specialty stores, convenience stores, online and others).
Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Iran and others).
Leading industry players are The Morning Star Company, COFCO Tunhe Tomato Co., Ltd., Xinjiang Chalkis Co., Ltd, Ingomar Packing Company, LLC, Conagra Brands, Inc., Olam International Limited, Los Gatos Tomato Products, China Haohan Group Limited, CSC BRANDS, L.P, Neil Jones Food Company, Stanislaus Food Products, CIO Interregional Fruit and Vegetable Consortium Scarl, Sugal Group, Pacific Coast Producers, Kagome Inc., CONESA Group, Tat G?da Sanayi A.?, Del Monte Foods Inc., Xinjiang Guannong Tomato Products Co., Ltd., and Mutti S.p.A. Industria.
REACH OUT TO US
Call us on
( US: +1-631-791-1145 )
( UK: +44-753-713-2163 )
( India: +91 120 433 0800 )
Drop us an email at