According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “UAE Smart Lighting Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the UAE smart lighting market size is currently expanding at a moderate pace. Smart lighting is a type of smart building technology that uses lighting sensors to control the lighting installed in a campus or building. These systems generally utilize LED light bulbs, which are capable of connecting to the internet of things (IoT), collecting usage data and enabling complete automation. Smart bulbs can also integrate with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or a proprietary connection so they can be remotely controlled through smartphone apps or a home/building automation hub. In the UAE, the smart lighting market has gained traction over the past few years on account of favorable government initiatives focused on improving the energy efficiency, reviving the construction sector and increasing the penetration of IoT.
UAE Smart Lighting Market Trends:
At present, the smart lighting market in the UAE is witnessing positive growth with several pilot projects taking place across the country. Some of these projects include the intelligent cycling track and pedestrian lighting system at Jumeirah Corniche, Dubai. The project is being operated by Philips Lighting and the Roads and Transport Authority of Dubai. Along with this, the Sigfox operator for UAE, iWire Connect, has recently combined ten different use cases into a smart city project. For the control of street lighting, inteliLIGHT installed FRE-220-NEMA-S that feature a standard plug-and-play connector compatible with Sigfox luminaire controllers. The respective street segment offers control of every streetlight and smart awareness, including the availability of adaptive lighting and real-time malfunction alerts. The growth of smart lighting also can be attributed to consistent developments in both the real-estate and infrastructure sectors in the UAE.
- On the basis of the offering, the market has been segmented into hardware, software and services. Wherein, hardware includes lights and luminaires, and lighting controls; and services include design and engineering, installation, and post-installation.
- The market has been bifurcated on the basis of the communication technology which includes wired and wireless technology.
- The report has analyzed the market according to the installation type into new installation and retrofit installation.
- Based on the light source, the market has been segregated as LED, fluorescent, compact fluorescent and high intensity discharge lamps.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into commercial, residential and public infrastructure.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal