According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “UAE Smart Lighting Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the UAE smart lighting market reached a value of US$ 50 Million in 2021. Smart lighting is a part of smart building technology that utilizes lighting sensors to control the lighting in a building or campus. It uses intelligent, connected devices to make buildings more secure, sustainable, and responsive. Smart lighting systems incorporate LED light bulbs that are capable of connecting to the internet of things (IoT), collecting usage data, and enabling complete automation. These systems can be operated with the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or a proprietary connection so they can be remotely controlled through smartphone apps, voice commands, or a home/building automation hub. The smart lighting market has gained traction in the UAE over the past few years on account of the increasing penetration of IoT and favorable government initiatives focused on improving energy efficiency.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
UAE Smart Lighting Market Trends:
One of the major growth-inducing factors is the developing infrastructure and real estate sector in the UAE. Moreover, the ongoing UAE Vision Plan 2021 has increased the demand for smart lighting systems for infrastructure, airport, port, and road development projects. In addition to this, the Dubai World Expo in 2021 is expected to create a demand for smart lighting products. Moreover, smart lighting products are now replacing conventional lights on streets, shopping centers, and other public infrastructures. For instance, iWire Connect has recently combined ten different use cases into a smart city project under Sigfox operator for the UAE. For the control of street lighting, inteliLIGHT has installed FRE-220-NEMA-S that features a standard plug-and-play connector compatible with Sigfox luminaire controllers. Besides this, Dubai plans to modify its outdoor lighting systems with smart LED bulbs in the near future, thereby creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of these factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 24.4% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the offering, the market has been categorized into software, hardware (lighting controls, and lights and luminaires), and services (post-installation, installation, and design and engineering).
- On the basis of communication technology, the market has been divided into wireless and wired technology.
- Based on the installation type, the market has been bifurcated into new and retrofit installations.
- On the basis of the light source, the market has been segregated into fluorescent, compact fluorescent, LED, high intensity discharge, and other lamps.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into public infrastructure, commercial, residential, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal