The UAE weight loss market size reached US$ 1,000 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,470 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% during 2023-2028.
The prevalence of overweight and obesity have been increasing rapidly in the UAE and are currently one of the highest in the world. Rising incomes and urbanisation in the UAE has resulted in a lifestyle which is very modern, fast paced and technology driven resulting in reduced physical activity and an increasing consumption of unhealthy food.
Dietary habits in the region have changed over the past few decades as a result of a strong proliferation of fast food joints, restaurants, online food delivery options, cafes, takeaways, etc. making processed foods, snacks and high sugar products easily available for consumers. The temperature in the region is also extremely high for most of the year, resulting in limited outdoor activities such as sports, cycling, jogging, etc. consumers generally stay indoors and use cars to travel even short distances. Moreover, the traditional dress in the region which involves wearing of loose, flowing garments such as the dish-dash or abayas also represents a driving factor as unlike western dresses such as jeans or t-shirts, the excess weight gained goes comparatively unnoticed.
Driven by the rising levels of overweight and obesity, there has been an increasing trend on prevention and treatment of this issue. This has resulted in a large and fast growing market for weight loss services and products.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the UAE weight loss market report, along with forecasts for the period 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on diet, equipment, service, gender and age group.
Breakup by Diet:
The weight loss market has been segmented on the basis of diet which mainly includes supplements, meals and beverages. Supplements currently represent the largest segment.
Breakup by Equipment:
- Fitness Equipment
- Cardio Vascular Equipment
- Strength Training Equipment
- Surgical Equipment
- Minimally Invasive/Bariatric Equipment
- Non-Invasive Equipment
Based on the equipment, the market has been segregated into fitness equipment and surgical equipment. Fitness equipments currently account for the larger share.
Breakup by Service:
- Fitness Centers and Health Clubs
- Consulting Service
- Surgical Clinics
- Online Weight Loss Programs
There are different types of weight loss services being provided to the consumers such as fitness centres and health clubs, consulting service and slimming centres, surgical clinics, and online weight loss programs. Amongst these, fitness centres and health clubs represent the most common weight loss service.
Breakup by Gender:
On the basis of gender, the UAE weight loss market is mainly segmented into men and women. Currently, men dominate the market with the majority of the market share.
Breakup by Age Group:
- Consumers Between 31 to 60 Years of Age
- Consumers Between 15 to 30 Years
- Consumers with Age More Than 60 Years
- Consumer with Age Below 15 Years
Based on the age group, the market is categorised into consumers between 31 to 60 years of age, consumers between 15 to 30 years, consumers with age more than 60 years, and consumers below 15 years. Amongst these, consumers between 31 to 60 years of age account for the highest share.
The market consists of numerous small and large players who compete in terms of prices and quality. The report provides a list of the key players operating in the market along with their profiles.
This report provides a deep insight into the UAE weight loss market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the UAE weight loss industry in any manner.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Diet, Equipment, Service, Gender, Age Group
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- How has the UAE weight loss market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the breakup of the UAE weight loss market by diet?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the UAE weight loss market?
- What is the breakup of the UAE weight loss market by equipment?
- What is the breakup of the UAE weight loss market by service?
- What is the breakup of the UAE weight loss market by age group?
- What is the breakup of the UAE weight loss market by gender?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the UAE weight loss industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the UAE weight loss industry?
- What is the structure of the UAE weight loss industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the UAE weight loss market?