The United States biometrics market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 11.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 14.3% during 2023-2028.
Biometrics are physical or behavioral characteristics of individuals utilized digitally to grant them secure access to systems, devices or data. They offer faster and more secure authentication than alpha-numeric passwords. Some of the widely preferred forms of biometric systems are fingerprint mapping, facial recognition and retina scan. Nowadays, these systems are increasingly being utilized in medicine and anthropology in the United States.
The increasing application of biometrics technology in government facilities to strengthen security measures represents one of the key factors impelling the market growth. Moreover, it is gaining traction in the healthcare industry to prevent duplicate entries and allow secure and remote access to medical records and treatment plans. Furthermore, the incorporation of biometric readers in one-time-password (OTP) hardware devices is also contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is escalating the demand for contactless biometric systems in various end use industries. Several companies are also launching temperature scanning products integrated with biometrics technology, which is positively influencing the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the United States biometrics market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on technology, functionality, component, authentication and end user.
Breakup by Technology:
- Face Recognition
- Hand Geometry
- Voice Recognition
- Signature Recognition
- Iris Recognition
Breakup by Functionality:
Breakup by Component:
Breakup by Authentication:
- Single-Factor Authentication
- Multifactor Authentication
Breakup by End User:
- Defense Services
- Banking and Finance
- Consumer Electronics
- Commercial Safety and Security
Breakup by Region:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Technology, Functionality, Component, Authentication, End User, Region
|Northeast, Midwest, South, West
|10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
|Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
|PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States biometrics market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States biometrics market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the functionality?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the authentication?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the United States biometrics market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?