The United States citric acid market size reached 553,100 Tons in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach 619,200 Tons by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 1.3% during 2023-2028.
Citric acid refers to an organic compound that is commonly found in citrus fruits, such as lemon, oranges, grapefruits, and pomelos. It is a weak organic acid that is soluble in water, dimethyl sulfoxide, alcohol and ethyl acetate. It is widely utilized in the food industry as a flavoring and preserving agent. It aids in improving metabolism and enhances nutrient absorption in the body. Apart from this, it is also used as a stabilizer in the manufacturing of medicines and personal care products.
The market in the United States is primarily driven by significant growth in the food and beverage industry. Along with this, multiple key players in the region are engaging in merger and acquisitions (M&A) activities to create numerous growth opportunities in the market. Moreover, the increasing government initiatives to prohibit the utilization of phosphate-based detergents and cleaning agents has led to an increase in the adoption of citric acids in the manufacturing of cleaning products, which is further providing a boost to the market growth. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the widespread preference for organic personal care products and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the United States citric acid market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on application and form.
Breakup by Application:
- Food and Beverages
- Household Detergents and Cleaners
Breakup by Form:
Breakup by Region:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Application, Form, Region
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States citric acid market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States citric acid market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the form?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the United States citric acid market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?