The United States in vitro diagnostics market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% during 2023-2028. The rising disease prevalence, technological advancements, personalized medicine trends, heightened awareness of early detection, and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic represent some of the key factors driving the market.
In vitro diagnostics (IVD) refers to a category of medical tests and techniques that are performed on samples derived from the human body, such as blood, urine, tissues, or other bodily fluids. These tests play a pivotal role in the diagnosis, monitoring, and management of different diseases and health conditions. Unlike in vivo procedures conducted within a living organism, IVD occurs in controlled laboratory settings. IVD encompasses a broad spectrum of tests, ranging from basic biochemical analyses to sophisticated molecular assays. These tests provide critical information about an individual's health status, aiding healthcare professionals in making informed medical decisions. IVD is commonly used to identify infections, diagnose diseases such as diabetes or cancer by measuring biomarker levels, assess organ function, and monitor therapeutic progress. The field of IVD has evolved significantly with technological advancements, encompassing various techniques such as immunoassays, molecular diagnostics, point-of-care testing, and more. The data generated by IVD tests provide insights into a patient's physiological state, genetic makeup, and potential risk factors, contributing to the emergence of personalized and precision medicine approaches.
United States In Vitro Diagnostics Market Trends:
The United States IVD market is experiencing robust growth, driven by the increasing prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases, including diabetes, cardiovascular disorders, cancer, and infectious diseases such as COVID-19. This, in turn, has heightened the need for accurate and timely diagnostic tools like IVD, thus creating lucrative growth opportunities for the market. This trend is further exacerbated by the aging population in the country, which is more susceptible to a range of health conditions. Moreover, ongoing advancements have revolutionized IVD technologies, introducing innovative diagnostic methods, such as molecular diagnostics, point-of-care testing, and next-generation sequencing, that offer rapid and precise results, thereby contributing to the market's growth. Concurrent with this, the expanding emphasis on personalized medicine has fueled the adoption of IVD tests that enable tailored treatments based on individual genetic profiles, creating a positive outlook for market expansion. Additionally, extensive research and development (R&D) in genomics and proteomics, spurring the demand for advanced diagnostic tools, are acting as other crucial growth-inducing factors. Besides this, the growing awareness among patients about the benefits of early disease detection and proactive healthcare management has encouraged preventive and diagnostic measures, thereby propelling the demand for IVD tests. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the pivotal role of diagnostic testing in public health management, accelerating the development and deployment of novel diagnostic technologies and increased investments and government support for the IVD sector, which, in turn, is strengthening the market growth.
United States In Vitro Diagnostics Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States in vitro diagnostics market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on test type, product, usability, application, and end user.
Test Type Insights:
- Clinical Chemistry
- Molecular Diagnostics
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the test type. This includes clinical chemistry, molecular diagnostics, immunodiagnostics, hematology, and others.
- Reagents and Kits
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product. This includes reagents and kits, and instruments.
- Disposable IVD Devices
- Reusable IVD Devices
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on usability has also been provided in the report. This includes disposable and reusable IVD devices.
- Infectious Disease
- Autoimmune Disease
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes infectious disease, diabetes, cancer/oncology, cardiology, autoimmune disease, nephrology, and others.
End User Insights:
- Hospitals Laboratories
- Clinical Laboratories
- Point-of-care Testing Centers
- Academic Institutes
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals laboratories, clinical laboratories, point-of-care testing centers, academic institutes, patients, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Northeast, Midwest, South, and West.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
United States In Vitro Diagnostics Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Test Type
- End User
|Test Types Covered
||Clinical Chemistry, Molecular Diagnostics, Immunodiagnostics, Hematology, Others
||Reagent and Kits, Instruments
||Disposable IVD Devices, Reusable IVD Devices
||Infectious Disease, Diabetes, Cancer/Oncology, Cardiology, Autoimmune Disease, Nephrology, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals Laboratories, Clinical Laboratories, Point-of-care testing centers, Academic Institutes, Patients, Others
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States in vitro diagnostics market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States in vitro diagnostics market?
- What is the breakup of the United States in vitro diagnostics market on the basis of test type?
- What is the breakup of the United States in vitro diagnostics market on the basis of product?
- What is the breakup of the United States in vitro diagnostics market on the basis of usability?
- What is the breakup of the United States in vitro diagnostics market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the United States in vitro diagnostics market on the basis of end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States in vitro diagnostics market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States in vitro diagnostics market?
- What is the structure of the United States in vitro diagnostics market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States in vitro diagnostics market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the United States in vitro diagnostics market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the United States in vitro diagnostics market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the United States in vitro diagnostics industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.