The United States oyster market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.20% during 2023-2028. The growing number of restaurants, fast food centers, and oyster bars selling premium quality seafood, rising consumption of nutritious food, and increasing innovations in aquaculture technology represent some of the key factors driving the market.
An oyster is a type of marine mollusk that belongs to the bivalve family that is characterized by a hard, calcified shell consisting of two hinged parts. It is a filter feeder, extracting nutrients from the surrounding water by filtering it through its gills. It is found in both freshwater and saltwater habitats, typically residing in shallow coastal areas or estuaries. It helps improve water quality by removing excess nutrients and sediment, thus promoting healthier ecosystems. It provides protein, vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids. It is recognized for its potential health benefits, including boosting immune function and improving cardiovascular health. It offers crucial habitat for various marine species, acting as nurseries and refuge areas. It forms oyster reefs which also contribute to shoreline protection by reducing wave energy and erosion, thereby playing a vital role in coastal ecosystem stability. It contributes to tourism and recreational activities, attracting visitors who appreciate their natural beauty and indulge in the unique experience of oyster harvesting and consumption. Furthermore, as oyster farming generates employment opportunities and supports local economies, its demand is increasing in the United States.
United States Oyster Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for premium, boutique oysters bred for specific flavor profiles represents one of the crucial factors influencing the market positively in the United States. Moreover, the rising consumption of nutritious food to prevent the occurrence of chronic ailments is strengthening the growth of the market. Apart from this, the growing appreciation for high-quality, locally sourced seafood among consumers is offering a positive market outlook in the United States. Additionally, the rising number of restaurants, fast food centers, and oyster bars selling premium quality seafood is offering lucrative growth opportunities to investors in the country. In line with this, the increasing adoption of sustainable and reliable methods of oyster farming and the production of heat-resistant and acid-resistant oyster breeds is impelling the market growth. Besides this, increasing innovations in aquaculture technology and practices for reducing environmental impact are propelling the growth of the market in the United States. In addition, the emergence of various e-commerce and online sales platforms selling fresh oysters for reasonable prices and delivering them to the doorstep of buyers is bolstering the growth of the market. Furthermore, the implementation of stringent food safety regulations by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), along with the increasing focus on maintaining the harvesting, processing, and distribution of oysters and employment of post-harvest treatments, such as depuration and high-pressure processing, is contributing to the growth of the market in the United States.
United States Oyster Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States oyster market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on oyster type, end user, and form.
Oyster Type Insights:
- Cupped Oyster
- Pacific Cupped Oyster
- American Cupped Oyster
- Penguin Wing Oyster
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the oyster type. This includes cupped oyster, Pacific cupped oyster, American cupped oyster, Penguin wing oyster, and others. According to the report, American cupped oyster represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Outlets
- Online Channels
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes food service and retail (supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty outlets, online channels, and others). According to the report, retail (supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty outlets, online channels, and others) accounted for the largest market share.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the form has also been provided in the report. This includes fresh, frozen, canned, and others. According to the report, fresh accounted for the largest market share.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Northeast, Midwest, South, and West. According to the report, West US was the largest market for oyster. Some of the factors driving the market included the growing popularity of seafood, increasing number of fine dining restaurants and oyster bars serving premium oysters, rising e-commerce platforms selling oysters, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the United States oyster market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
United States Oyster Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Oyster Type
- End User
|Oyster Types Covered
||Cupped Oyster, Pacific Cupped Oyster, American Cupped Oyster, Penguin Wing Oyster, Others
|End Users Covered
- Retail: Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Specialty Outlets, Online Channels, Others
||Fresh, Frozen, Canned, Others
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States oyster market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States oyster market?
- What is the breakup of the United States oyster market on the basis of oyster type?
- What is the breakup of the United States oyster market on the basis of end user?
- What is the breakup of the United States oyster market on the basis of form?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States oyster market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States oyster market?
- What is the structure of the United States oyster market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States oyster market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the United States oyster market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the United States oyster market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the United States oyster industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.