The United States pharmaceutical contract packaging market size reached US$ 5.5 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 8.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.75% during 2023-2028.
Pharmaceutical contract packaging refers to the process of outsourcing secondary operations of packaging drugs and other pharmaceutical products. It also comprises services, such as secondary packaging, assembling, and labeling of vials, pre-filled syringes and auto-injectors. It assists in supply chain management, regulating production, warehousing, barcoding, designing, fabrication, prototyping and other processes. Besides this, as it is more flexible, profitable, and helps keep up with the changing times, the demand for pharmaceutical contract packaging is rising across the United States.
Pharmaceutical Contract Packaging Market Trends:
The increasing adoption of innovative and environment-friendly packaging methods on account of rising environmental concerns and stringent regulations imposed by governing authorities represent one of the primary factors strengthening the growth of the market in the US. Apart from this, high automation in pharmaceutical contract packaging firms for managing bottle orientation, capping and collation systems are reducing the risk of human handling errors. This, in turn, is positively influencing the market growth in the country. In addition, pharmaceutical contract packaging is a flexible, profitable and effective way of utilizing secondary services, such as labeling vials, assembling, auto-injectors and pre-filled syringes. This, in confluence with the burgeoning pharmaceutical industry and the growing popularity of packets, pouches, bottles, stick packs, folding cartons, sachets, blisters, jars, clamshells and other packages, is fueling the growth of the market in the country.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States pharmaceutical contract packaging market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on industry, type and packaging.
Breakup by Industry:
- Small Molecule
Breakup by Type:
Breakup by Packaging:
- Plastic Bottles
- Caps and Closures
- Blister Packs
- Prefilled Syringes
- Parenteral Vials and Ampoules
Breakup by Region:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Industry, Type, Packaging, Region
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States pharmaceutical contract packaging market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States pharmaceutical contract packaging market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the packaging?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the United States pharmaceutical contract packaging market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?