The United States probiotics market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.10% during 2023-2028. The increasing awareness among individuals about the health benefits of probiotics, growing partnerships and collaborations, the rising prevalence of digestive disorders, and rising endorsements by healthcare professionals represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Probiotics are living microorganisms, primarily bacteria or yeasts, that offer numerous health benefits when consumed in adequate amounts. These friendly bacteria are like the beneficial microorganisms found naturally in the human gut. They are typically consumed as dietary supplements or in certain fermented foods like yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, and kimchi. Probiotics are vital in maintaining a balanced gut microbiome essential for overall health. They aid digestion by promoting the growth of beneficial gut bacteria and suppressing harmful pathogens. Probiotics are employed to alleviate gastrointestinal issues like diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and constipation. They also enhance the body's immune response, contributing to a stronger defense against infections. Probiotics assist in managing conditions, such as lactose intolerance and allergies, while supporting oral health. Probiotics have the ability to colonize the gut, produce beneficial compounds like vitamins and short-chain fatty acids, and compete with harmful bacteria for resources.
United States Probiotics Market Trends:
The increasing consumer awareness about the vital role of a balanced gut microbiome in overall health is one of the major factors driving the market growth. In line with this, the growing adoption of probiotics as consumers seek proactive approaches to wellness, leading to a greater willingness to incorporate probiotic-rich foods and supplements into their daily routine, is providing a thrust to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing utilization of probiotics as a natural and accessible means to support immunity due to the rising focus on building resilient immune systems is strengthening the market growth. Furthermore, the integration of probiotics into a wide array of product categories, such as yogurts, supplements, beverages, snacks, skincare and pet food, is creating a positive outlook for the market growth. Additionally, the increasing strategic partnerships and collaborations as probiotic manufacturers join forces with food and beverage (F&B) companies to develop innovative, probiotic-infused products enhancing product accessibility is supporting the market growth. In addition to this, the sudden shift towards personalized nutrition as advancements in microbiome research allow for tailored probiotic solutions, enabling consumers to address their specific health needs is acting as a growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the advent of advanced delivery technologies, such as encapsulation, ensuring the viability of probiotics throughout the production and consumption journey, increasing their effectiveness, is positively impacting the market growth. In confluence with this, the increasing endorsement of probiotics by healthcare professionals and an ever-expanding body of scientific research as they recommend probiotics to address specific health issues, such as IBS, allergies, and even mental health concerns, coupled with the ongoing research into the potential benefits of probiotics to uncover new applications, are providing an impetus to the market growth.
United States Probiotics Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States probiotics market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on ingredient, distribution channel, application, and form.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the ingredient. This includes bacteria and yeast.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel. This includes supermarkets and hypermarkets, pharmacies/drugstores, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
- Food and Beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Feed
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes food and beverages, dietary supplements, and animal feed.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the form has also been provided in the report. This includes dry and liquid.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include the Northeast, Midwest, South and West.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
United States Probiotics Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Pharmacies/Drugstores, Specialty Stores, Online Stores, Others
||Food and Beverages, Dietary Supplements, Animal Feed
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States probiotics market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States probiotics market?
- What is the breakup of the United States probiotics market on the basis of ingredient?
- What is the breakup of the United States probiotics market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the United States probiotics market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the United States probiotics market on the basis of form?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States probiotics market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States probiotics market?
- What is the structure of the United States probiotics market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States probiotics market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the United States probiotics market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the United States probiotics market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the United States probiotics industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.