The United States scintillator market size reached US$ 175.1 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 236.0 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5% during 2023-2028.
Scintillators are materials that absorb high-energy photons and incident particles to emit pulses of light. These materials convert gathered energy into the ultraviolet (UV) range of photons, which ensure detection by photomultipliers and photodiodes. They also help in determining the energy and time of incident radiation efficiently. Moreover, they are more sensitive to deposited energy as compared to other types of radiation detectors. Consequently, they are used in nuclear plants, medical imaging, high-energy particle experiments and national security in the United States.
Scintillators are integrated into medical devices, such as X-ray machines, computerized tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET) and single-photon emission computerized tomography (SPECT) scanners. The rising prevalence of cancer, along with the increasing utilization of radiation therapy, represents one of the significant factors bolstering the growth of the market in the United States. Additionally, stringent homeland security measures in the country are further impelling the market growth. For example, the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is supporting the development of solid organic scintillators for detecting radioactive substances and preventing radiological threats under the Exploratory Research and Small Business Innovative Research programs. Apart from this, scintillators are used in several industries for monitoring contamination and analyzing thermal neutron activation during the manufacturing processes.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the United States scintillator market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on composition of material, end product and application.
Breakup by Composition of Material:
- In-Organic Scintillators
- Alkali Halides
- Oxide Based Scintillators
- Organic Scintillators
- Single Crystal
- Liquid Scintillators
- Plastic Scintillators
Breakup by End Product:
- Personal or Pocket Size Instruments
- Hand-Held Instruments
- Fixed, Installed, and Automatic Instruments
Breakup by Application:
- Nuclear Power Plants
- Manufacturing Industries
- Homeland Security and Defense
Breakup by Region:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Composition of Material, End Product, Application, Region
|Northeast, Midwest, South, West
|10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
|Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
|PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States scintillator market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States scintillator market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the composition of material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the United States scintillator market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?