The United States used truck market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.2% during 2023-2028. The increasing demand for cost-effective transportation services, rising environmental concerns and stringent emission standards and the integration of advanced technology represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A used truck refers to a pre-owned commercial vehicle previously owned and operated by another party. These trucks are sold in the secondary market and offer an attractive alternative to purchasing new vehicles, especially for businesses seeking to optimize their fleet management costs. They are sold by dealerships or private sellers after their initial period of use, typically to upgrade or replace older fleet vehicles. Used trucks are available in various configurations, including semi-trucks, dump trucks, box trucks, and flatbed trucks, catering to a wide range of industries such as logistics, construction, agriculture, and delivery services. They are typically affordable, making them a more budget-friendly option for individuals or businesses looking to acquire a reliable vehicle.
United States Used Truck Market Trends:
The increasing demand for cost-efficient solutions among businesses that require commercial vehicles for their operations is one of the major drivers contributing to the market growth. In line with this, the growing adoption of used trucks as companies strive to optimize their budgets and reduce capital expenditure, owing to the lower upfront costs is supporting the market growth. Additionally, the widespread product popularity due to the robust nature of commercial trucks ensuring the functionality and performance even after years of use, is providing a thrust to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing utilization of used trucks by industries such as e-commerce and last-mile delivery services due to the growing need logistics network expansion and enhancing delivery capabilities across the country is favoring the market growth In addition to this, the increasing environmental consciousness and sustainability efforts encouraging businesses to reduce their carbon footprint by adopting eco-friendly practices coupled with the growing preference for used trucks that meet stringent emission standards, are positively impacting the market growth. Furthermore, the implementation of various government initiatives that promote the use of environmentally friendly vehicles with incentives, tax breaks, and subsidies prompting businesses and fleet operators to adopt cleaner and more fuel-efficient trucks have accelerated the adoption of used trucks. Besides this, the sudden shift towards technologically advanced used trucks that incorporate telematics systems, global positioning system (GPS) tracking, and other digital solutions enabling businesses to monitor their fleets' performance, optimize routes, and enhance overall operational efficiency, is providing remunerative growth opportunities for the market.
United States Used Truck Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States used truck market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on vehicle type, sales channel, and end user.
Vehicle Type Insights:
- Light Trucks
- Medium-duty Trucks
- Heavy-duty Trucks
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the vehicle type. This includes light trucks, medium-duty trucks, and heavy trucks.
Sales Channel Insights:
- Franchise Dealer
- Independent Dealer
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the sales channel has also been provided in the report. This includes franchise dealer, independent dealer, and peer-to-peer.
End User Insights:
- Oil and Gas
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes construction, oil and gas and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Northwest, Midwest, South and West.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
United States Used Truck Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Vehicle Type
- Sales Channel
- End User
|Vehicle Types Covered
||Light Trucks, Medium-duty Trucks, Heavy-duty Trucks
|Sales Channels Covered
||Franchise Dealer, Independent Dealer, Peer-to-Peer
|End Users Covered
||Construction, Oil and Gas, Others
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States used truck market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States used truck market?
- What is the breakup of the United States used truck market on the basis of vehicle type?
- What is the breakup of the United States used truck market on the basis of sales channel?
- What is the breakup of the United States used truck market on the basis of end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States used truck market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States used truck market?
- What is the structure of the United States used truck market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States used truck market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the United States used truck market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the United States used truck market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the United States used truck industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.