The global water-based adhesive market size reached US$ 22.2 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 42.8 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.32% during 2024-2032. An enhanced focus on sustainable development, stringent regulatory norms limiting the usage of harmful chemicals in adhesives, and continual technological advancements in the product formulation represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 22.2 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 42.8 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Water-based adhesives refer to adhesives that are formulated using soluble synthetic or natural polymers. These adhesives function by developing strong bonding capabilities as the water evaporates or is absorbed by the substrate. This includes porous and non-porous substrates, such as paper, cardboard, wood, metal, and plastic. These adhesives are typically available in dry powder or solution forms and are environmentally friendly due to their low VOC content. Water-based adhesives are a safer and more cost-effective alternative to solvent-based adhesives, as they do not release harmful fumes or chemicals into the air, require less equipment for the application, and have a lower flammability risk. Additionally, they have a minimal odor, making them more convenient as an adhesive option. Some advantages of these adhesives include higher flexibility, durability, and environmental safety. As a result, water-based adhesives find extensive applications in laminating, labeling, and bonding purposes.
Water-based Adhesive Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the augmenting demand in numerous end-use industries due to rising environmental concerns. This can be attributed to an enhanced focus on sustainable development as well as reduced operational costs. In line with this, stringent regulatory norms limiting the usage of harmful chemicals in adhesives, particularly in the medical devices and food and beverages (F&B) packaging sectors is providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, continual technological advancements in the product formulation offering improved adhesion durability and flexibility is also acting as another significant growth-induing factor for the market. In addition to this, the rising number of construction and infrastructure development activities across the globe is creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. The market is further fueled by rapid product utilization in the bonding of various metal and plastic substrates in the automotive industry. Apart from this, the considerable growth in the chemical processing industry is also propelling the demand for water-based adhesives. Furthermore, the growing adoption of lightweight materials, such as composites and plastics in the aerospace and defense industries is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid industrialization, considerable rise in e-commerce consumer goods packaging applications, increasing demand for automobiles, particularly electric vehicles (EVs), and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global water-based adhesive market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on resin type and application.
Resin Type Insights:
- Acrylic Polymer Emulsion (PAE)
- Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) Emulsion
- Vinyl Acetate Ethylene (VAE) Emulsion
- Styrene Butadiene (SB) Latex
- Polyurethane Dispersion (PUD)
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the water-based adhesive market based on the resin type. This includes Acrylic Polymer Emulsion (PAE), Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) Emulsion, Vinyl Acetate Ethylene (VAE) Emulsion, Styrene Butadiene (SB) Latex, Polyurethane Dispersion (PUD), and others. According to the report, Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) Emulsion represented the largest segment.
- Tapes and Labels
- Paper and Packaging
- Building and Construction
- Automotive and Transportation
A detailed breakup and analysis of the water-based adhesive market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes tapes and labels, paper and packaging, building and construction, woodworking, automotive and transportation, and others. According to the report, paper and packaging accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for water-based adhesive. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific water-based adhesive market included continual technological advancements, growing automobile industry, the growing adoption of lightweight materials, such as composites and plastics in the aerospace and defense sectors.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global water-based adhesive market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include 3M Company, Arkema, Bond Tech Industries Inc., DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Evonik Industries AG, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG and Co. KgaA, MAPEI S.p.A., Pidilite Industries Ltd., Sika AG, Weilburger Coatings GmbH, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Resin Types Covered
||Acrylic Polymer Emulsion (PAE), Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) Emulsion, Vinyl Acetate Ethylene (VAE) Emulsion, Styrene Butadiene (SB) Latex, Polyurethane Dispersion (PUD), Others
||Tapes and Labels, Paper and Packaging, Building and Construction, Woodworking, Automotive and Transportation, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3M Company, Arkema, Bond Tech Industries Inc., DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Evonik Industries AG, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG and Co. KgaA, MAPEI S.p.A., Pidilite Industries Ltd., Sika AG, Weilburger Coatings GmbH, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global water-based adhesive market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global water-based adhesive market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global water-based adhesive market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive water-based adhesive market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the resin type?
- Which is the most attractive resin type in the water-based adhesive market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the water-based adhesive market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global water-based adhesive market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global water-based adhesive market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the water-based adhesive market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global water-based adhesive market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the water-based adhesive industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.