According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "West Africa Mayonnaise Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the West Africa mayonnaise market size reached US$ 44.1 Million in 2020. Mayonnaise is a thick, white condiment that is creamy in texture. It is prepared by combining oil, egg yolks, lemon juice or vinegar, and other seasonings, wherein the egg yolk acts as a natural emulsifier. It is widely preferred as a spread for sandwiches or burgers and a dip for a vast variety of snacks. It is also commonly used as a base for the preparation of numerous sauces and dressings, including chipotle sauce, tartar sauce and thousand-island salad dressing.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
West Africa Mayonnaise Market Trends:
The market in West Africa is majorly driven by the increasing preference for convenience and fast food. This is supported by the inflating disposable income levels, shifting dietary preferences of the masses and the evolving lifestyles of consumers. Moreover, rapid urbanization and the rising adoption of western lifestyles in numerous countries of West Africa, including Nigeria and Algeria, has contributed to the uptake of mayonnaise significantly. The market is further driven by the introduction of variants with innovative flavors, such as mint, cheese, chipotle and garlic, which are gaining widespread prominence among the masses. In line with this, the launch of egg-less, low-fat, and organic variants of mayonnaise in the market is also creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include significant growth in the food sector and the increasing number of fast-food chains across the region. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of product type, the market has been divided into flavoured and unflavoured. Amongst these, flavoured mayonnaise represents the leading market segment.
- On the basis of raw materials, the market has been categorized into egg-based and eggless mayonnaise. At present, egg-based mayonnaise exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the end use, mayonnaise is majorly being used in institutional sector, followed by the retail sector.
- Based on distribution channels, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online retailers, and specialty stores. Amongst these, supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the largest segment.
- On the regional basis, Nigeria represents the biggest mayonnaise market across West Africa, holding the majority of the market share. The other major markets include Algeria, Ghana, Senegal, Guinea and Ivory Coast.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include GB Foods, Nestle SA, Nurevas, McCormick Corporation, Kraft Heinz, TGI, Pure Food Processing Industries and BM Foods.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331