The global white cement market reached a value of US$ 4.8 Billion in 2017, registering a CAGR of 4.5% during 2010-2017. The market value is further projected to reach US$ 6.6 Billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 5.5% during 2018-2023. White cement refers to a construction material which provides excellent durability along with aestheticism. The colour of white cement depends on the quality of the raw materials (iron oxide and manganese oxide) and the manufacturing process. White cement-based plasters are employed for covering swimming pools and facades as they provide uniformity unlike grey cement. Due to its whiteness, brightness, aesthetic appeal, strength and quality, white cement finds several industrial applications. It is used in designer roof and flooring, terrazzo flooring, pre-cast cladding panels as well as transportation projects. Moreover, the ability of white concrete to be cast in any shape makes it ideal for sculptures, monuments and restoration of archaeological sites.
Global White Cement Market Drivers:
- Rapid population growth, rising middle-class, elevating income levels, increasing number of nuclear families, mounting working population and changing lifestyles have increased the demand for houses over past several years. Moreover, migration of rural population to urban areas has also created urban housing shortages, which is expected to propel the growth of the housing sector in the coming years.
- Infrastructural developments have aided the construction of roads, flyovers, railway stations, etc. For instance, in the Middle East, infrastructural construction due to major events, like Dubai Expo 2020 and FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar, is continuously catalyzing the growth of the construction sector and consequently, the consumption of white cement.
- Growing requirements for spaces from educational and healthcare sectors have increased the construction of educational institutes and hospitals. Along with this, development in the tourism industry has also provided opportunity for the construction of hotels, resorts and villas, in turn, spurring the growth of the market.
- Advancements in surface treatments and admixtures of white cement have simplified the casting of architectural white cement concrete. In precast applications, white cement is being used exclusively in the exposed layer, producing a decorative facing mix that is just a few inches thick. Such advancements create potential for new industrial applications of white cement, thereby fostering the market growth.
- Rising traffic safety concerns and development of roads have strongly aided the market growth of white cement in recent years. White cement creates a strong visual contrast and offers an opportunity for passive traffic safety in transportation projects. Median barriers, made of white cement, not only separate vehicles physically from hazards, but also are highly visible at night and in wet conditions. White cement in roadways also provides a traffic calming effect that increases safety for all modes of transportation.
Breakup by Product Type:
On the basis of type, white portland cement represents the most popular product type, closely followed by white masonry cement. White portland cement has a high degree of whiteness which can be modified by adding mineral oxide pigments to concrete. It is ideal for applications such as precast curtain walls, facing panels, stucco, terrazzo surface, cement paint, and white/coloured concrete and mortar.
Breakup by Application:
Based on application, the market has been segregated into commercial, residential and infrastructural sectors. Amongst these, the commercial sector accounts for more than a half of the total market share. As white cement reduces the requirement of excessive lighting due to its reflective property, it is used for flooring applications in commercial buildings such as malls, schools, offices, etc.
On a geographical front, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the global white cement market on account of expanding construction activities in the region resulting from mounting disposable incomes, population growth and rapid urbanization. Asia Pacific is followed by the Middle East and Africa, Europe, North America, and Latin America.
On the global level, the white cement market is highly fragmented with a large number of players operating in the market, however, the market is concentrated at the regional level. Some of the leading players include:
- Cementir Holding
- Çimsa Çimento
- JK Cement
- Ras Al-Khaimah Co.
- Birla White (Ultra Tech)
- Federal White Cement
- Saveh White Cement Co.
This report provides a deep insight into the global white cement industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the white cement industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the white cement market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the most popular product types in the global white cement industry?
- What are the key application segments in the global white cement industry?
- What are the major regional segments in the global white cement industry?
- What are the price trends of white cement?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the white cement industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the white cement industry?
- What is the structure of the white cement industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the white cement industry?
- What are the profit margins in the white cement industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a white cement manufacturing plant?
- How is white cement manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a white cement plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for white cement?
- What are the transportation requirements for white cement?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a white cement plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a white cement plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a white cement plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?